Thankful Thursday

Thursday, October 1, 2015

I am still in complete shock that the Timber Trek happened last weekend and it'll take me quite some time to process it, but let me just tell you that it was a big success and a post IS in the works.  Until then, here is a long overdue Thankful Thursday post:

1.  Some chill time.  I feel like I have been on a treadmill that's set a smidge too high for at least the past 13-14 months.  I worked part time for nearly a year, which took up almost all of my down time, and then I went straight from that into hardcore Timber Trek work.  I am catching my breath for the first time in quite a while and it feel glorious.  

2.  That today is October 1st.  I have always loved October.  School routines are settled in, temperatures cool off, beautiful colors surround us, and, towards the end of the month, adorable kids in customs get guilt-free candy and the excitement and anticipation of the holidays is on the horizon (without the stress and busyness that they also bring).  It's just a fantastic month and I'm thrilled it's here.

3.  A date with my husband on a weekday!  David called me today and asked if I wanted to meet for lunch.  It took me a minute before I realized that Yes! Yes I COULD!  I didn't have any pressing work to get done and I didn't have to pick up Luke until about 12:45pm.  So we had a date in the middle of the day on a Thursday!  So spontaneous and unusual that it almost felt scandalous!

4.  Elementary school field trips.  I got to chaperone Audrey's first one (to Fernbank) yesterday and had so much fun.  Okay, I counted heads a lot and worried so much over sending the boys into a men's room alone that I probably made the teachers leery of my lingering.  But, aside from that, it was really cool to get to be a part of it with her and she loved it!

5.  My sweet friend Emily's PET scan results came back and her breast cancer has not spread!!!  Thank you, Jesus!

Let's hope I make it by here more often...but if not, know that it's because I'm working on something that's been neglected since July 2014.  







No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!