Whiny Wednesday

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Warning:  This post has no real point.  I just want to blog more this year and I am trying to remind myself that posts don't have to be profound or long.  They just need to be real and, honey, this "mundane lane" stuff of the thirties is as real as it gets at this stage.  So read on, but make sure you're caffeinated so you don't fall asleep!

Today has been one of those nonstop days that has me feeling completely drained.  I woke up at 5:30 to exercise then got the kids and myself ready and drove Audrey to school.  David's mom came over to watch Luke while I dropped off Valentines at the nursing home that our small group kids made and hit the grocery store.  I took the food home to unload and then went to volunteer at Audrey's school for two hours.  After I ate lunch with her, I came home just in time to put Luke down for a nap and then deal with a quote on a home improvement project that was supposed to take 15 minutes but turned into an hour and 15 minutes.  When he finally left, I scarfed down a late lunch and handled a few emails before getting Luke up from nap early and driving back up to Audrey's school to pick her up and go to a PTA meeting.  Afterward we went to the post office and the gas station (how is the orange light on again?!) 

Now that we're back home, I have closed myself in my bedroom for fifteen minutes of peace and warned the kids to play nicely by themselves.  They know they are not to interrupt me unless someone is bleeding.  And even then, it better be serious hemorrhaging.  

Frankly, this whole week has been nuts so far.  It's been full of party prep for Luke's birthday, Valentine's Day card-making and snack-baking, and last minute consignment sale tagging.  In between all of that fun, I had a lovely OB-Gyn appointment that took f-o-r-e-v-e-r.  Friday is going to be insane too as I deliver snacks and Valentines to Audrey's class then drive across town to drop off my massive consignment sale load, come home to prep and clean for small group on Sunday, and wrap up the day with a "Vision Dinner" our church is having for small group leaders.  

But tomorrow.  OH tomorrow!  After I finish my workout, I am going to come home and get these children up outta my house.  I will then go get a cup of French Vanilla cappuccino from QuikTrip (classy, right?) and sink myself into massage chair at the nail salon for a loooong overdue pedicure.  I will come home and probably do something responsible like laundry or dishes...but not for too long.  I'll pick up Luke from school and then work on his party stuff and watch Fixer Upper while he naps.  And when Audrey gets home, we will bake brownies and cut them into heart shapes and do plenty of quality control testing along the way.  It's nothing grand, but it's those few hours of refueling that allow me to do the rest of the week well.  

I encourage you to carve out some of your own recharging time this week.  Read a book, take a hot bath, call a friend, get a pedicure, or do some pointless blogging about real ol' boring life.  It's cheap therapy, I tell ya.  I'm almost ready to emerge from my time out and go check on those kiddos.  (Okay, maybe five more minutes.)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!