Thankful Thursday

Thursday, September 4, 2014

I have really been wanting to sit down and write an update on Audrey's kindergarten experience, but haven't had the time to do that or a monthly recap for August just yet.  In an effort not to succumb to the "do it right or not at all" mentality I struggle with, I decided that not having time to do that didn't mean I had to forego posting all together.  So, here is a quick TT post for the week:

1.  Time with family.  We got to swing by for a visit with my brother, sister-in-law, and nephews on our way to Alabama last weekend.  Though we weren't there long, it was better quality time than the last few chaotic birthday party gatherings we've shared.  My favorite part was when my SIL told me that my nephew Carson was requesting me by name to come upstairs so he could show me who Kirby was on his Nintendo game.  (And he didn't even give me grief about not already knowing such a thing!) Our Alabama visit was great as well and we had extra reason to celebrate since it was my mother-in-law's birthday.  Which brings me to #2...

2.  My mother-in-law, Pam.  She is a constant source of support for our family in the form of encouraging words and prayer, for-no-reason clothes and gifts, and most of all, taking such great care of our kids.  It is absolutely priceless to me to have so many grandparents nearby to help out.  Lately she's had to be even more flexible than usual as my schedule has become busier and I'm more at the mercy of others.  I greatly appreciate your role in the village that it takes, Pam!

3.  Being with Audrey at her school.  Finally, I got to go in to Audrey's class this week and have my room mom meeting, volunteer, and then have lunch with my sweet girl.  She was ecstatic!  I had my meeting and then took some things out in the hall to work on so the teacher didn't have to feel like I was looking over her shoulder.  I came back in to drop off the stack and the kids were lined up ready to walk to lunch.  Audrey looked panicked and grabbed my hand super tightly.  I bent down to hear her whisper, "Mommy!  It's lunch time - don't go!"  I assured her I wasn't doing any more work and was ready to go with her to the cafeteria.  That night when I was tucking her in, she said, "Mommy, I was so worried when it was almost lunch and you weren't there.  I was scared you'd miss it with me."  OH my heart!  I pray that she will always a) know I'll be there when I say I will and b) want my company that badly.

4.  Those of you that have taken the time to call, text, or ask about my new job.  I've come a long way in a short time, but it's still new and overwhelming.  I appreciate your care and encouragement more than you know.  (P.S. I lead my first team call by myself today and didn't screw anything up - SUCCESS!)

5.  The sound of rain showers in our sunroom.  I love our sunroom.  It was one of the major selling points of this house and is my favorite room in it, but unfortunately it's not one I spend a ton of time in.  When it's raining, though, I try to make a point to go in just for a minute to hear the drops patter on the roof and watch the trees blowing around outside.  It is incredibly peaceful and beautiful.  

Maybe more updates soon, maybe not.  Hopefully.  Life is pretty hectic right now, so I appreciate your prayers and patience!  

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!