Thankful Thursday

Thursday, April 3, 2014

1.  Sunshine, sunshine, sunshine and the warm temperatures it has brought with it.  Hello, Spring!

2.  A good two-year check up for Luke.  Brag alert - The doctor was so impressed with his vocabulary and social skills.  He said there are only a handful of two year olds he sees a month that are as easy and cooperative as Luke and only a handful a year that can follow all of the instructions he gave him (i.e. taking big, deep breaths, lying down on the table, etc.)  He was asking Luke about keeping one of the tongue depressors to use in his vet kit I told him we had.  The doctor asked about looking in a lion's mouth with it.  Luke laughed and said, "NO Way!"

3.  "New" clothes.  I switched out the kids' wardrobes earlier this week and am in the process of doing mine.  I love seeing their cute outfits...and knowing most of them were consignment steals.  Their pasty white little elbows and knees are pretty adorable, too.  

4.  Finishing a huge organization project.  I know it's absurd, but I still print photographs and put them into albums.  Then, I number the pages and create a table of contents for each album.  Well, at least I did until life happened and I fell well behind.  I hadn't printed pictures since September and hadn't done the page numbering/tables of contents since right before Luke was born.  I also had about 100 pictures I needed to "file" back into albums that used to be in frames/were used as birthday party decorations, etc.  It's been one of those projects I never have time for but that nags me often.  I decided I really needed to bite the bullet and work on it.  Some serious concentration and a few...or a dozen...hours later, I'm all caught back up.  Ahhhhh.  (For now.)

5.  A new planner.  Yes, I realize using a paper planner is as antiquated as printing photos, but I can't help it!  Mine was running out and I have used Franklin Covey since I worked, but it's just not as practical for me now and costs too much for me to justify spending.  One of the ladies in my small group showed me the At-a-Glance one she uses and it was love at first sight.  I went out and bought one the next day and am really enjoying using the new format!

A new planner, cleaning out closets, and organizing stuff?  What a week - Pinch me.  ;)  

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!