New Year's Resolutions for 2018

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Welp, the kids are back in school today and I am super sad about it.  Don't get me wrong, there were moments that they drove me crazy over the break.  I completely forgot how Luke's constant "whys" and "what does that mean" can wear on a person.  They'd get along fine for an hour and then fight like a cat and dog for the rest of the afternoon.  BUT, on the whole, I would much rather them be home with me than not.  So in an effort to distract myself from the quiet, I'm focusing on my resolutions and goal setting today.  If you missed it, I already wrote my list of Nos for 2018, so now it's time to focus more on the positive side of things.  

I used Lara Casey's PowerSheets again this year and have been doing the prep work off and on for the past few weeks.  Admittedly not as thoroughly as I did last year, which may be why there was some trepidation and white-out involved this go-round.  I muddled through it and eventually came up with my list of "Big Picture" Goals for the year.  Most are the same, a couple are new, and there are two less total than last year:

1.  Spiritual Growth
2.  Marriage Growth
3.  Deepen connection with Audrey and Luke individually 
4.  Continue to care for myself physically 
5.  Love and serve others well individually and as a family 
6.  Cultivate a well-managed, welcoming, and cozy home

As I explained in last year's post about my 2017 resolutions, if I left that list just as it is, I'd be destined for failure.  Those are way too lofty, broad, and scary. But I didn't leave them like that.  I took the time to dive into the personal details of why and how, which I'll spare you from for both of our sakes'.  I broke them down into monthly, weekly, and daily goals for January and will do that each month throughout the year (not necessarily each time segment for each goal, but all six are represented in at least one place per month.)  I'm hoping that by the end of 2018, I'll have some clear and concrete progress in each of those six areas.  

So there you have it!  Remember that even if you don't have a set of the PowerSheets, you can visit Lara Casey's blog and download a free goal-setting guide for yourself.  Whether you use that tool or another (or none at all!), I encourage you to define at least one goal with tangible starting steps for yourself this year.  


Now let's get to work!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!