Thankful Thursday

Thursday, November 4, 2010

I had really hoped to have Halloween pictures uploaded by now, but this week has been crazy...and weird. There was a full-day's project on Monday (top-secret Christmas present), Tuesday was Election Day and David was sick, and Wednesday Audrey had a doctor's appointment and our downstairs bathroom and breakfast area makeovers began.  There were also a few lunch/dinners with folks, three (four? five?) trips to the paint store, taking down of Halloween decorations/putting up Thanksgiving ones, going to the library, etc. etc. etc.  It's just been busy with out-of-the-ordinary stuff!

Here is this week's list...

1.  My sister-in-law, Jenny, whose birthday is today!  She's a sweet-spirited, kind-hearted, excellent wife and Mommy who loves the Lord and can make a mean pot of chili.  Happy Birthday, Jenny!  We love you!

2.  Home improvement projects...especially when I don't have to do them.  David and I learned a long time ago that anything involving wallpaper is best left to the experts for the sake of our marriage.  We had bead board wallpaper put up in the breakfast area and lower half of the downstairs bathroom.  (It looks just like the real stuff and costs a whole lot less!  Especially since with wallpaper, we didn't have to have the chair railing and window sills removed and then replaced.)  We are also doing some other remodeling in the downstairs bathroom and I'm so excited to see the finished project!  (I'm also excited to have my house back and it'll only have been three days!  How on earth to people live with remodeling for weeks on end?!)

3.  Rain.  I love a good cold, rainy day.  I wish we'd get one once a week.

4.  Video and the latest technology.  I captured quite a few good ones of AJ this week and was able to quickly edit and share them (see previous post for an example).

5.  Family "tent" time.  Audrey LOVES getting under a giant "tent" blanket with David and I.  We'll grab a flashlight and read a book under there and I'm convinced her little world (and ours) is just about perfect in those sweet moments.

Please remember to pray for us as we have continue to have a lot on our plates in the coming weeks. Enjoy the Halloween video posted below and check back soon for updated pics!

1 comment:

  1. I have wanted bead board for a VERY long time but can't afford the price of doing the installation so I am really interested in this bead board wall paper. Any info and pictures you could furnish me would be great.

    have really enjoyed watching Audrey grow up...keep up the good work on your blog.

    ReplyDelete