Thankful Thursday

Thursday, December 9, 2010

1.  Visits to Santa...even if they are tearful and only yield a ridiculously over-priced picture that's not frame worthy.  She looked adorable in her Christmas dress and memories were made that we'll keep forever.


2.  Being reminded of the little things.  I went out with Audrey tonight, determined to finish up the last 3-4 things on my Christmas shopping list.  I came up empty handed and frustrated.  As I was buckling her in the car, I said "Well, Audrey.  That was a bust, wasn't it?"  She said "Dog!" and pointed inside Old Navy where I'd just let her spend a few minutes visiting with the mannequin dog.  Then she shouted "Moon!" as she pointed up to the gorgeous night sky.  I smiled and thought about the aisle of clocks we'd found in Hobby Lobby and how she'd gone crazy with excitement yelling "Tick Tock! Tick Tock!"  I remembered how loudly I'd sang carols in the car as she laughed.  To her, the night was not a bust.  We got out of the house and saw new and different things.  We spent time together.  The holiday to-do list will get finished, but I have to remember not to miss the special moments in the meantime.


3.  Soft Lips Chapstick.  Good stuff.


4.  AJ finally getting adjusted to a new nap schedule!  We started the one-nap-a-day schedule last week and the next day she got sick.  We stuck with it, but it was a rough week.  Since she couldn't breathe when she was lying down, the naps were short and there were a lot of tears shed.  I was seriously regretting my decision to switch.  This week, however, has been much better!  She even slept for 2.5 hours each of the past two days!  YAY!


5.  Family letter Christmas cards.  We send one every year and I'm sure we're the butt of many jokes because of it, but I LOVE them.  I love getting them from other people and I love writing ours and sending it out.  Start checking your mailbox now, folks...they're on the way!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!