Thankful Thursday

Thursday, March 10, 2011

1.  Not being a first-time mom of a six week old anymore.  I went to visit a friend this week whose baby boy is six weeks old.  I listened to her and was subsequently reminded of how difficult those early weeks and months are, especially when you're totally new to the game.  The serious sleep deprivation, the crazy hormones, the constant worry, the continuous crying because it's the only form of communication...it was enough to make me want to go home and go to bed!  Would I do it all over again?  You betcha.  Do I treasure a lot of those memories?  Yup.  (I got to hold him for about 45 minutes while he slept and was reminded of how sweet those early days can be too!)  Am I glad that IF there is a next time I won't be so blind-sided?  Absolutely.

2.  Adults in silly costumes who dance by the road as a marketing tactic.  The Statue of Liberties for the tax company (see how well it works? I'm not even sure of their name! Liberty Taxes, maybe?) have been there for weeks and are starting to annoy me, but today I saw a guy advertising chicken wings in a chicken costume that made me laugh out loud.  (By the way, do you really think a chicken would be advocating that you eat chicken?  At least try to be realistic in your dress-up.)

3.  Complete meal foods.  Examples: spinach and ham calzones, chicken pot pie, spaghetti with meat and veggie sauce, and brunswick stew.  You get a carb, a vegetable, a protein, and often a dairy in one dish.  Throw in some applesauce and I feel like I'm a half-way decent nutrient provider to my child.

4.  A trip to the dry cleaners.  Why on earth did that make the list?  Well, because I took several sweaters that I have no intention of wearing again until at least October.  So bring it, Spring.

5.  I felt like going 80s for this week's TT song.  Check out the video for the hairstyles if nothing else.



The yard sale is on for this weekend, so say a prayer for good weather, lots of customers, and decent profit!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!