Thankful Thursday

Thursday, March 3, 2011

1.  Legs with which to walk and run.  As David and I were huffing and puffing through a jog at the park a few days ago, we saw a woman in a motorized wheelchair and were reminded how blessed we are.  That'll make you quit griping about the soreness in your calves or how big your thighs are.

2.  Leftovers.  A night off from cooking, no pots and pans to scrub, and the great feeling of resourcefulness/lack of wasted food.  What's not to like?

3.  Prayers from a tiny, soft voice.  We have started asking Audrey if she would like to pray after we say our prayers at night.  She usually just whispers, "God is great, God is good, daily bread, amen."  I'd say she has a way better grip on the attitude of prayer than I do.

Another sweet prayer moment happened on Tuesday night.  We visited a good friend who recently had her second daughter and took them a meal.  My hands were full with carrying the food in, so I didn't carry Audrey or hold her hand as we walked up the path to their door as I usually would on uncharted pavement.  She tripped and fell and scraped her hand a little.  She was totally fine and I just dabbed it off.  However, as 20 month olds have a tendency to do, it was brought up repeatedly for the rest of the day, especially after she saw the new baby's "boo-boo" on her belly (the umbilical cord stump).  It was all that was mentioned the whole way home.  When we prayed that night, I asked Jesus to heal Audrey's boo-boo.  As I was saying that, I heard her whisper, "Baby boo-boo belly".  I have no doubt she was saying a prayer for her tiny new friend!  So precious!

4.  The side road near our house finally being reopened after a six month closure (they raised it up and replaced a bridge).  Of course, it took me all this time to remember to use the detour, so it'll take another six months before I take advantage of it, but hey, it's available!

5.  We were supposed to have a yard sale this weekend, but have post-poned it due to the rainy forecast. In honor of the weather, this week's song selection is "Rain King" by Counting Crows.



Have a great weekend and if you think you'll be in our area next weekend and want to stop by the yard sale, leave me a comment or send me an email and I'll get you the details.  It's going to happen rain or shine next weekend, so pray for dry skies!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!