Thankful Thursday

Thursday, November 24, 2011

As I sit in my warm home, with my husband napping on the couch next to me, my daughter sleeping in her bed, and my baby kicking in my very full belly, I cannot even begin to list all of the things in my life that I'm thankful for.  This month alone has brought so many blessings:  My new nephew joining the family. Birthdays of my mom, sister-in-law, two of David's aunts, his sweet cousin, and a dear friend.  A trip to Savannah to see family.  A healthy 24 week OB check-up.  A canceled business trip to Singapore.  Two date nights and an evening with old friends.  Play dates.  Being a part of two small groups that love us...and grow us.  Productivity and accomplishment.  Obedience and submission to the Lord.  Two working vehicles.  A wonderful Thanksgiving celebration today with my in-laws, who love and accept me like their own daughter.  And those are just a few things of the past three weeks.  


We have a lot going on these days, no doubt.  I have so much to catch you up about and I know the coming weeks and months (and years?!) are going to get even busier.  That's the good news, though, isn't it?!  That my life is so wonderfully occupied, I run out of time to write about it.  As I recently read, "My plate is full, but my cup runneth over."  Hopefully I'll spill some more words in your laps soon enough.


Until then, Happy Thanksgiving.  


"Give praise to the Lord, proclaim His name; make known among the nations what He has done. Sing to Him, sing praise to Him; tell of all His wonderful acts. Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always...Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever."  1 Chronicles 16:8-11; 34

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!