Thankful Thursday

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Wait - Don't go!  You aren't mistaken!  This IS The Sinyard Family's blog.  After 3+ years of the same template, I decided it was time for a makeover.  It's taking me some time to get used to it, but I think I like the change.  I hope you do too.

Here's a quick house/moving update:  We received the loan commitment letter from our buyers' lender and their loan is currently in underwriting.  They have not given us a firm closing date, but we are expecting (hoping, praying!) that it'll be the 20th, or at the very most, by the 29th.  On the buying side of things, we have been granted an extension from our sellers.  However, because it's a short sale and we weren't able to close 30 days after it had been approved, we also had to request an extension from their lender.  We are still waiting for that and desperately hoping that it'll come in before we close on our current house.  

Now on to this week's Thankful Thursday list.  If you're new to the blog, each Thursday I write a list of five things I'm grateful for.  Sometimes it turns into as much of an update as it is a gratitude list, but it's a good way to for me to focus on the positive in our little world and capture the current state of fun chaos.  

Here are my top five this week:

1.  That God is still God.  I did not vote for Obama and I do not care for him or his politics, so I was quite disappointed when I checked my phone at 3am on Wednesday morning and read the results.  But, I immediately said a prayer for him and our other leaders, because I know that despite who is in the Oval Office, God is on His throne, and both they and we need Him.  A good friend reminded me of these verses:  "Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves." Romans 13:1-2  

2.  My nephew James who will be one year old tomorrow.  I cannot believe a year has already passed.  He is an adorable, sweet baby boy whose dimples will have me wrapped around his finger.  My prayer for him is the same as the one I pray for his brother, my niece, and my children:  That he will grow to know the Lord, love Him, and want to do His will and that he will be healthy and strong in body, soul, and character.  We love you and cannot wait to celebrate with you, James!

3.  My dear friend Kara, whose birthday is also tomorrow.  She and I met at church nearly six years ago, but rarely crossed paths because I was so busy working on Sunday mornings.  We ran into each other again at birthing class in Spring of 2009 when we were pregnant with our daughters.  They were born three weeks apart that June and our friendship has grown just as much as those little girls have these past three and a half years.  Kara is a thoughtful giver who is also an extremely talented teacher, crafter, and cook.  It's so wonderful to have another mommy in the trenches with me who shares my faith and my parenting philosophies.  I'm very thankful for her and her family and for the blessing they are to our lives!

4.  Good sleep & later mornings.  The autumn time change may give a lot of people an extra hour's sleep, but not those of us with young ones!  Luke had been waking up at 6am for weeks and we'd settle him back down as best we could usually until 7am.  So, with the hour shift, you can imagine what a rough few mornings we had at the beginning of this week.  But I'm very glad to say the last two mornings he has slept until after 7am on his own without waking and that made this Momma very happy...and late since I didn't bother setting an alarm!  Oops!

5.  The Varsity.  We introduced Audrey to her first Varsity hotdog last Saturday and she lived!  It's a rare treat we only indulge in once every year or two...and then our stomachs remind us why we do it so infrequently.  But, alas, it's an Atlanta tradition and I'm thankful that this past weekend we got to share it with AJ.  Luke was there too, of course, but we thought it best to hold off on letting him try it for a little bit longer.  We did get shots of both of them in the hats:



  So, you're not going to let me eat any of those onion rings, but I have to wear this ridiculous hat?!


Hope you have a great rest of the week and enjoy what may be the last of the gorgeous fall weather!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!