Thankful Thursday

Thursday, November 15, 2012

1.  Pilgrims and Indians.  The real ones who helped build this country, of course, but also the adorable ones I got to see at Audrey's Thanksgiving Feast at her preschool today.  

2.  Our veterans.  As you probably know, Sunday was Veteran's Day.  We are incredibly blessed to live in a free country because of the sacrifice these men and women and their families are willing to make.  "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."  John 15:13  Thank you to my dad, my grandfathers, and my friends who have served or are serving!

3.  Office visits.  On Monday, I took the kids to see David at work and have lunch with him there.  I'm embarrassed to say that's a first (we've met him out at places before, but never gone there.)  We thoroughly enjoyed it and will definitely try to do it more often!

4.  Talking to my grandparents.  I called them tonight and they were so excited to hear from me.  It was great to catch up for a few.

5.  Cheesecake Factory Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake.  Oh sure, it's $6 and probably 1,000 calories, but MAN is it good.  As my brother pointed out, you gotta practice overeating for next week anyway.  

No real house updates.  We did have to sign a form late this afternoon, so that made me feel like some progress is being made.  Please keep praying.  I haven't given up hope that we could still close before Thanksgiving!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!