Thankful Thursday

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Man, of all the blog updating I've missed, I've especially missed writing these "Thankful Thursday" posts.  Sometimes they got very tedious to do, but each week it forced me to open my eyes and focus on my blessings instead of my complaints.  With all God has given me, my gratitude should be evident but often it's not.  I also liked the challenge of trying to find unique gifts and sources of joy beyond the "big stuff".  So I guess you could say I'm thankful to be thankful again.  But I won't count that. :)  

Here is this week's list:

1.  AJ's healthy doctor's appointment.  Audrey had her four year old check-up on Tuesday and got a clean bill of health.  We have to take her to an ophthalmologist for a follow-up on her eyes because they were border-line poor vision based on the basic exam, but we can handle that.  Her Momma wore glasses then contacts and still had friends and landed a hottie, so she'll be fine.  

2.  $5 roses from Kroger.  An avid Publix shopper, we just recently went into our local Kroger for the first time since we moved (which is so huge it deserves a post in itself).  We walked past the gigantic floral department and Audrey of course wanted to stop and smell every bloom.  As she gushed over the roses, my eye caught a really pretty, uniquely colored bouquet.  She asked if we could get some and I explained that no, a dozen roses would be very expensive.  Then I noticed the "Sale - $5" sign.  That pretty color now looks gorgeous brightening up my kitchen.

3.  The unspoken understanding and "momraderie" between mothers.  At Target, I kept crossing paths with a woman who had a two little ones in tow.  Luke kept saying "baby" and waving to the younger one in the front of her buggy.  At check-out, we chatted a minute and I asked her their ages.  She told me 16 months and 4 1/2 years.  I laughed and pointed to Luke then Audrey, saying, "17 months and 4."  She laughed and said, "Then, yeah, you KNOW."  I nodded and assured her I did.  That moment of connection carried me through the parking lot hissy fit Luke threw.  

4.  Luke's surprise sleep-in.  My baby boy is an early bird, despite our endless attempts to assure him there is no worm to get.  He usually rises between 5:30 (if he does so that early, he comes in bed with us and catnaps another 45 min or so) and 6:30.  This morning he stirred around 6:00 as I was leaving for a run and I heard David getting up to handle him.  When I returned at 7:15, David informed me Luke was still asleep.  David left, I ate a leisurely breakfast, Audrey woke up, I took a shower and fixed her breakfast.  Luke decided he would join our day at 8:15.  That's a record, folks!  And boy, was the rest of our morning so nice.  Please, Dear Jesus, let it be a new trend!

5.  A $10 plastic wade pool that works great as a babysitter while I do yard work (an arm's length away, of course.)  At least until the toys it's filled with become lethal splashing weapons, that is.  But I guessing trimming a few bushes and pulling a couple of weeds is better than nothing.  Hopefully our HOA thinks so.  

Have a great rest of the week, y'all!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!