Thankful Thursday

Thursday, October 24, 2013

1.  Teamwork.  David and I are in the process of retiling our downstairs bathroom and were shoulder to shoulder tonight busting up tile and cement board together.  I love having a true partner to work with, whether it's raising kids or in a more tangible home improvement project.  Of course, having a partner to play with, like when sightseeing around Seattle, is awesome too. :)  Either way, we're in this thing together.    

2.  Grocery carts with steering wheels.  Because if it buys me an extra five minutes at the store, it's a good thing.  

3.  Running later in the day.  This morning I got to sleep in an extra hour and went running when my mom came over around 10:30am.  It was about 15 degrees warmer and I got to see the neighborhood in sunlight instead of complete darkness! 

4.  Consignment sales.  I know I've said it several times before, but what's not to love?  You get to clear out stuff you don't use anymore, make money from it, and then usually shop a presale to find great deals on clothes and things your kids will use.  Win-win-win!

5.  Getting "boo-ed".  Since I first heard of the "boo-ing" tradition a few years ago, I have wanted to be a part of a neighborhood that participated in something so cute.  Last Saturday night, we heard the doorbell ring and went out to find a plastic pumpkin full of stickers, candy, and color-on placemats.  In it was also a note saying we'd been "boo-ed" and listed instructions on how to carry on the fun.  On Sunday night after the kids were in their pjs, we loaded them up in the van and snuck out to deliver our little bags of treats.  Audrey had SO much fun sneaking up to the door, leaving the treat, ringing the bell, and then having me carry her while sprinting back to the van.  It was a blast for all of us, actually.  Even Luke kept yelling "Been Boo-ed!  Been Boo-ed!" on the way home.  


This next week is going to be quite a full one for me, so please pray everyone stays well, sleeps well, and behaves well!    

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!