Thankful Thursday

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Wow - because of other posts and lack of time, this is my first TT post in almost a month!  It feels good to stop and focus on the big and little blessings this week...

1.  Outlet shopping with Grandmom!  This morning the kids and I met David's mom to do a little shopping.  They got some great clothes, including their adorable "fancy" matching Christmas outfits that they'll wear to see Santa and to the Christmas Eve church service.  Audrey can't wait to do a fashion show for David later.  We're thankful for some cute new dudes for sure!

2.  A week off from running.  After finishing my first half marathon last Sunday, I decided to reward myself and rest my body for 7-8 days straight.  It's been awhile since I've had that kind of break.  Of course, due to Luke's wake-up calls, I'm not getting to sleep in much longer than if I got up and went running.  Maybe that'll just serve as a reminder when I start back and face lack of motivation that it's better to get up and do it.

3.  New television shows.  I'm thankful the fall season has kicked off and we can quit watching the same Big Bang Theory reruns.

4.  Crafty Christmas projects.  That's all I can say for fear of giving anything away, but a few people on my list this year are going to get some handmade decor...whether they want to or not. ;)  I enjoy doing a little of it and I hope they enjoy the fruits of my labor.  Or at least have a basement to hide it in.

5.  October.  I love this month.  I love the abundance of beauty (fall leaves, gorgeous decor), tasty treats (pumpkin-flavored food, candy), fun (pumpkin patches, hayrides, Halloween) without the pressure, stress and busyness that await us in the next two months.

Enjoy it a little this weekend!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!