Thankful Thursday

Thursday, November 7, 2013

1.  Our trip to Savannah last weekend to visit my brother, sister-in-law, and niece.  We had a wonderful time, especially watching the kids enjoy the Disney on Ice Princesses and Heroes show and listening to the girls play together all weekend.  I hope they stay close and connected through the years. 

2.  That our floor refinishing is finished.  Mostly.  They were supposed to be done on Monday and finally wrapped up today with the staircase spindle painting.  They have to come back next week to do some clean-up detailing once the wood has had a chance to cure.  Everything looks amazing, though.  Now to finish deep cleaning and moving it all back in place.  

3.  Breaking out of my comfort zone...and friends who are willing to join me in doing so.  On Wednesday night, my ladies group had a girls' night out at a country western club and took line dancing lessons for an hour and a half.  Not your typical church outing, I know, but I assure you the place was full of senior citizens and we didn't drink a drop.  I haven't laughed that hard (at myself) in a long time.  

4.  The gorgeous fall leaves.  As we're driving or walking around, I keep pointing out ones that I love to Audrey.  I often tell her they're "breath-taking".  I was driving her home from school the other day and she said, "Oh Mommy!  Look at that one!  It just takes the breath right out of my mouth!" 

5.  Numbers.  Specifically 1-10 when recited by a precious 20 month old in order for the first time.  So he occasionally skips six...who's counting? ;)  

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!