THE Thankful Thursday

Thursday, November 28, 2013

I'm exhausted, but I couldn't pass up a TT post on THE Thursday of Thankfulness!  So, here, in three pictures from today, are just a few things I'm grateful for this Thanksgiving:



1.  Finishing my second half marathon on the coldest Thanksgiving morning this century.  Just to show the temps who was boss, I shaved 6 minutes off my last race's time.  I'm also incredibly grateful for the cheerleaders who came out to support me!




2.  The food and the family we enjoyed in Alabama today.  Best in-laws ever.  The four people I talked to on the ride home (my brothers and parents) are also some of my greatest blessings.




3.  Decorating our tree tonight in our dream-come-true house.  Last Thanksgiving, we were living in boxes waiting hour by hour for a phone call approving our buyers' loan.  We didn't know whether we'd make in the new house or not, and we didn't get to put up a tree that night as is our tradition.  I remember putting the little lights on my grandmother's table-top ceramic one and feeling thankful for so much, but very discouraged too.  Getting to do this tonight with my babies just topped off what was a wonderful day.  
My cup runneth over.


Happy Thanksgiving, Y'all!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!