Thankful Thursday

Thursday, April 16, 2015

It's been a busy week as I've been prepping for this Friday's Kindergarten Market Day.  I was up at the school for a couple of hours yesterday and am headed back up in a little bit to help get the classroom organized and put up a few decorations.  I'm definitely not doing near what I did for the class's winter party as I'm trying to save some money and sanity for the end of the year party that happens in about a month.  As I heard somewhere recently (and may have already posted because my brain is just that good these days), April and May are the November and December of Spring.  It's hectic!  Chick-fil-A for dinner tonight?  Why yes, I think we will.

Here is this week's list:

1.  A healthy three year check-up for Luke.  My favorite part was when I was answering the development questions and the form read "Does your child use 3-4 word sentences when speaking?  Give an example."  I looked at Luke who had not stopped talking all morning just as he said, "Mommy? Am I going to have to get a shot today?  Because I'm a little nervous about that.  I really don't want to get a shot today.  Will they listen to my heart with a stethoscope?  Will I get to pick out a sticker at the end?  Where are we going after the doctor's office?"  Yeah.  I think we're good with speech development. 

I am a little concerned about his lisp when using "s" and "th" words, but the doctor explained that that is a motor skill that usually takes until the age of five to master, so we'll wait a little longer.  Only a little though, because, as you know, we've had an awesome track record so far about playing the "just wait it out game."  (See also: AJ's toe walking, amblyopia, and ignoring her decreased growth rate...)

2.  A great race!  David and I had our 10K on Saturday and it was awesome!  He surprised me with his endurance and we made really good time (for us.)  The course was super flat, the weather was gorgeous, and the pollen count was low.  We celebrated with a Martin's biscuit on the way home, which I don't think we've had in a solid seven years at least.  Delicious!

3.  A good Spring Break.  I had the best of intentions to write a post about our Easter and AJ's Spring Break, but I guess it'll just have to wait and be included in the April recap.  The gist: We had several fun play dates with friends and grandparents, we went to a children's museum and a bouncy house place, we had a pajama day, and we got a lot of extra sleep.  It was low key, but it was nice.  Getting up Monday morning was no joke.  I posted my feelings about it on Facebook:
Truth.  I'm so ready for summer...and I'm definitely not the only one!

4.  The wardrobe switch-a-roo.  I did the kids' closets a couple of weeks ago, only leaving a handful of long sleeves and pants.  I've been swapping out my stuff bit by bit and have made a decent dent in it this week.  Though I'm not quite physically ready for shorts and sleeveless tops, I am ready for a change and some brighter prints.  

5.  Tomorrow night's date with my husband.  It hasn't happened yet and it's not going to be anything big, but I am so looking forward to spending a little quality time with David just the two of us.  He's been killing himself at work lately, even going in last Saturday afternoon and most of the day Sunday, and we just need a breather for a minute even if it's a short one.  I don't know where we're going or what we're doing, but I do know it'll a) be relaxing and b) involve gluten.  

Hope y'all have a great Friday and a restful, fun weekend!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!