Thankful Thursday

Thursday, November 12, 2015


I don't know what it is about this week, but I am feeling overly grateful for just about everything I come across.  Maybe it's the long overdue sunshine we're finally experiencing, maybe it's that David is going out of town soon so I know I'd better soak up him and his help, or maybe it's all the Thanksgiving decorations surrounding me reminding me to be thankful.  Whatever the reason, I can think of worse ailments from which to be suffering.  

Here is this week's list:

1.  My nephew James, whose birthday was Monday.  We had a great time celebrating him at his party on Sunday.  My favorite part was when he ran up to David, grabbed him by the hand, and dragged David away to do the inflatables with him.  :)  He loves his Uncle David!  We are so thankful for this big brown-eyed cutie pie.

2.  A day date!  About a month ago, I told David that it would make me incredibly happy if he took a day off when Audrey and Luke were in school, took me out to breakfast, and went Christmas shopping for the kids with me.  Luckily his workload is such right now that he was able to give in to my wish (and his history with me is such that he doesn't even blink at my wanting to Christmas shop in early November.)  We had to do some serious schedule searching to find a Tuesday or Thursday that worked, but today came together and off we went.  We ate a delicious country breakfast at a local spot I'd been wanting him to try and then hit Toys R Us, Target, and Toys R Us again to pick up a couple of things we were on the fence about the first round through.  We drove through Dairy Queen to have ice cream for lunch and then picked up Luke.  It was as fun as I knew it would be!  

3.  Little hands in mine.  As I mentioned, we have finally had a much-needed break from the rain and have spending a lot of time outdoors enjoying it.  As I was walking the kids off of a playground and back to the van one afternoon, I held their hands.  I guess I don't do that as often as I once did because I'm usually just out with Luke and, when I have both kids, we spend most afternoons and evenings at home.  What was once very common struck me in that moment as something rare and, more than that, fleeting.  I squeezed their little hands tight in mine and silently thanked God for the moment.  

4.  Leaves falling like snow.  It's beautiful to drive or walk through a "leaf blizzard." 

5.  Gilmore Girls!  I've started re-watching the series.  Due to mommy brain, age, or both, I honestly don't remember most of what I'm seeing, so it's like watching it for the first time.  The quick-paced diatribes that Lorelai does can sometimes get irksome, but I do love the show.  

Enjoy your Friday & weekend!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!