Babymoon and Baby Shower

Monday, April 27, 2009

After meeting our newborn niece in Savannah and spending a couple of days with her and my brother and sister-in-law, we went to Hilton Head Island for a short “Babymoon.” The weather was absolutely gorgeous. It was in the low 80s with a cool breeze the whole time we were there, which made for great beach chillin’. I’m sure I was quite the site in my gorgeous maternity bathing suit, slathered in sunscreen, camped out under the umbrella. I know it’s awful, but I honestly don’t remember the last time I wore sunscreen. Pre-pregnancy I was a tan-aholic. Maybe that habit is broken now?!

Anyway, we did a bunch of nothing for a few days: laid on the beach, drove around sightseeing, read a few books, ate good food, tried to walk off some of that good food, saw “Duplicity” (I give it a B-, by the way), did some shopping, and really enjoyed just being together. I know it’ll be the last time we get away alone for awhile, so we tried to soak it up. Of course, I’m really looking forward to taking Baby Girl on family vacations!

It's really hard to see, but this is the Belly-hole David dug for me in the sand so I could lie on my stomach:



Heading out to dinner one night:



We got back on Friday night just in time for my baby shower on Saturday. Two of David’s Aunts were the hostesses of this one and they did a great job. Everything was so nice and they thought of all the little details. The food was yummy and the company and conversation were wonderful. I really enjoyed hanging out with all these ladies that have become so much more than just my “in-laws.” Having known them for nine years now, they’re truly my family, too (whether they like it or not)!

We got some awesome gifts – including most of our “big ticket” items! We really appreciate everyone’s generosity. It is such a blessing to have a great extended family who already loves this baby. We will have no shortage of babysitters, that’s for sure!


Here's the beautiful pink GT Quilt that David's Aunt Barbara (in the background) made for Baby Girl! It is adorable:


Our goodies unloaded in our living room:





No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!