E-Mealz

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

In an effort to cut costs in our now single-income household, we’ve been trying to eat out less. Obviously, since one can only tolerate so many sandwiches and frozen dinners, this means more cooking for me. Those of you who know me well know that I’m not the most experienced in the kitchen. It’s not that I mind it all that much - I just don’t have enough practice and patience. I need simple, easy recipes that don’t take forever to make…but I also don’t want to eat chicken every night!

Well, I’m very happy to tell you that I found a solution! While listening to the Dave Ramsey show one day, I heard him advertise for a website called “E-Mealz.” I checked it out, signed up, and have become a huge fan in the past four weeks of using it.

Here’s how it works:

1. You choose a meal plan. You can pick a plan that provides 7 meals that feed 4-6 people or one that provides 5 meals for 2 people. (They even include side dishes!) Within those categories, you choose a specific store or a diet plan. They have 16 to choose from, so there is definitely something for every family. David and I are on the 7 meals for 4-6 people Kroger plan. This allows us to have more choices in case we don’t like a specific recipe and it also means we have more leftovers so I cook fewer nights per week. They also offer Publix, Aldi, Weight Watchers Points, Vegetarian, and Low-Carb Plans. (All plans are the same price.) You can change your plan at any time by sending them an email, though they ask that you not do this frequently.

The best parts: They hunt through the sales ads and develop recipes based on that store’s weekly specials! And their recipes are so simple!

2. Sign up and pay. You pay $15 per plan for 3 months of service. After the first 3 months, it automatically renews on your credit or debit card, but you can cancel at anytime. That’s only $1.25 per week, which I more than make up for since most of what I’m buying is on sale.

3. Log on and print. On the specified day your plan comes out, you just log on and print your shopping list and your meal/recipe list. Each week’s list stays up for two weeks. Check your pantry for the staple items they list, add any other groceries you need, and go shop!


I really encourage you to check out their website to find out more. You can view sample plans and look at their FAQ section for anything I missed.

If you do sign up, please list me as the person who referred you. They have a 25% commission referral program for members. But trust me, that’s not why I’m raving about them. That’s only $3.75 per person, so David won’t be able to quit his job over it. I’m much more excited about your family utilizing this awesome tool and saving money and your sanity with it the way we have.

Click here to go to their website:

E-MEALZ Easy Meals for Busy and Frugal Families


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!