Our Nephew and Niece

Thursday, April 23, 2009

This past weekend was family time. On Saturday, we celebrated my nephew’s first birthday. He has grown into such a handsome big boy and it’s hard to believe it’s been a year already. My sister-in-law made an adorable basketball cake complete with orange icing. It took him a minute to get into it, but once he did, it was awesome. Orange icing covered his face, was up his nose, and down his bib and onesie. The best part was when he tried to “dribble” the ball and cake flew everywhere! Once he finished, it was straight to the bathtub to hose him down. After he got cleaned up, we played with coasters (he loves spinning them around) and opened presents before all the excitement called for naptime.



On Sunday, we drove down to Savannah to meet our new niece. She’s a little over three weeks old and is such a beautiful baby. She’s got the cutest little features and gorgeous dark hair. David and I both got a lot of holding time in. She loved to nap on my belly bump, even when her cousin inside was kicking her! It was good to see my brother and sister-in-law doing so well in their new role as parents. It made David and me think we just may be able to pull it off, too!

It’s both weird and wonderful to see the brothers I grew up with in a parenting role, but it fits them both so well. Of course, their wives are great mommies and make it look so easy! I am really grateful that even though there are six and seven years difference between my brothers and me, we’ll end up having kids that are all within 17 months of each other. Our parents are going from zero grandkids to three in no time at all! Can you imagine how wonderfully chaotic get-togethers with my family are going to be from here on out?!

I am so glad we got to spend time with these precious babies. It’s hard to describe how cool it is to know these little beings have a tiny bit of my DNA. We have such a fierce love for these kids and are excited to see what God does with their lives. After spending a couple of days with them, we cannot wait to have our Baby Girl and introduce her to her cousins!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!