Thankful Thursday

Thursday, August 19, 2010

This week I am thankful for...

1.  David being home from his whirlwind trip to Switzerland and Germany.  This trip was a lot shorter than they usually are, thank goodness.  Plus, I had a lot of visits from family.  The way it worked out, I think I actually had more help than I do when he's in town!  Which of course, I am very grateful for (thanks Ed, Pam, Mom, and Dad!)

It's never easy, though, especially now that Audrey is old enough to know he's gone and miss him.  She was so excited to see him when he got home tonight.  We sat down for dinner soon after he arrived and in between each bite, she would point at him, grin, and say "Da-da!  Da-da!" 

2.  That David is a sweet (wise) husband and will be taking tomorrow off of work to soak up some time with us!  Then, on Saturday, we have a hot date planned.  I think it's going to involve shopping for new running shoes and a trip Wolf Camera.  Yeah, we're wild and crazy like that.

3.  Peanut Butter and Marshmallow Fluff sandwiches.  I had heard of this phenomenon from several different people and seen it on tv shows, but had never tried it.  Until, that is, about a week ago when my mouth was hurting so badly from the aligning trays that I needed something soft and was tired of PBJs.  I wouldn't say I love it, but it was definitely good and is worth repeating.

4.  New placemats for our kitchen table.  Because it really does only take a little tweak to make a big, bright difference!

5.  Good family recipes.  For Christmas, my mother-in-law gave me a recipe box with a bunch of family recipes in it.  She'd asked all the women on her side of the family as well as my Mom to contribute some of their favorites.  (This is an AMAZING gift idea, by the way.)  As I was going through and organizing them this week (Okay...you caught me.  I finally had them laminated and was cutting and filing them), I was once again reminded what a blessing it is to have all of these treasured family heirlooms.  It also reminded me that I'm way past due for trying some of them out!  We'll see if any special dishes make Thankful Thursday posts in the future!


Have a great Friday and a good weekend - I know we will! :)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!