Thankful Thursday

Thursday, August 26, 2010

This week I am thankful for...

1.  Shiney, clean rings.  David and I try to get our wedding rings cleaned (and my engagement ring checked out for loose stones) once a year around our anniversary.  We finally took them this past weekend and then I picked them up on Monday.  I'm always surprised by how brand new and gorgeous they look...and how perfect a design he picked for me.

2.  Play dates with like-minded moms.  Because we've all had a few of those that you're thinking, "man, if I can just get through this one I will say I'm booked up for the next six months until she gets the hint."  It means so much to me to surround myself with women who are trying to instill the same values and manners in their children, even if our kids can barely walk.  AJ and I had a great time with just such a friend and her daughter on Monday.  She's such a wonderful mom and a sweet friend and I can't wait to continue watching our little girls grow up together.

3.  Fleet Feet.  If you're a runner and you've never heard of them, you've got to check them out.  David and I went in for a fitting this week and, while they do carry pricier brands (or higher end lines of regular brands),  my feet feel amazing in the shoes.  We're going running in them for the first time tomorrow, but I can already tell that we're going to be faster. :)

4.  New restaurants with old friends.  We had a double-date last night at Bonefish and the food was almost as good as the conversation...which is saying a lot.  I'm not a huge seafood fan, but I got the sirloin and crab cake and it was delicious.  I should know, too, because I've had Maryland crab cakes in Maryland on more than one occasion.  We so enjoyed the company and reminiscing.  To top it all off, as I exclaimed on Facebook, I didn't have to cut anyone's food for them and the only person I had to feed was myself! 

5.  Consignment sales/stores.  Be sure to visit my other blog at www.imperfectperfectionist.com for a more detailed explanation and some tips.

Check back early next week because I've got a really fun post in store for you! 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!