Thankful Thursday

Thursday, August 5, 2010

I wanted to share a few cute stories from this week before I post my list.  These may only be cute to me and the grandparents, but here they are anyway:


 - Audrey and I were walking through Best Buy and she got so excited about the washing machines and dryers.  She ran up to them and started banging on the doors.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, she has starting "helping" me with laundry so she was so happy at the sight of the machines.


- I told Audrey we were having hot dogs for dinner tonight and she made the "woof, woof" sound.


- A few days ago, Audrey started taking a dive on the family room floor just to get a laugh out of us.  We stopped laughing when we realized she was doing it on purpose, of course, but we may have a little comedian on our hands.    


- When David was singing "Old McDonald" to Audrey (a favorite around here), he got to the "on that farm he had a..." and asked Audrey what animal the farmer should have.  She said "Moo."  On the next verse, he asked and she said "Baaa."  Awesome.


Now here is this week's list:


1.  Cooler temps earlier this week.  Audrey and I soaked up some quality time outside walking, running, and hitting the park.  I think the poor girl had forgotten what swings were!  It's amazing how cool 80 degrees feels when you've been in the upper 90s for so long!


2.  Audrey's tiny hands that grab mine as she says "Go, go, go!" or upturned palms as she inflects an "UH?" wondering where something went (even if she's doing her "magic trick" and hiding a block in her table compartment.  Then she'll open it up, pull it out, and hold it out to you with a huge grin.  It's hilarious!)


3.  A new label maker.  I cannot believe I'm going to admit it, but I actually misplaced mine.  (And the world fell apart for a day, too!)  I think it must be packed away in a Rubbermaid container somewhere.  Regardless, I finally broke down and got a replacement this week.  That's a surefire way to get something to show up again, right?!


4.  Back to school season.  I have always loved this time of year.  For me it meant a fresh clean slate and returning to a familiar routine.  Seeing school supplies everywhere makes me so excited about the day Audrey and I will get to go pick them out.  It'll make her going growing up only slightly more bearable.  


5.  Ice cream for a good cause.  Today was Miracle Treat Day at DQ, and a portion of the proceeds from all blizzards were going to Children's Miracle Network.  We just had to go get some tonight, of course.  Sometimes doing the right thing is easy (and delicious!)  Next time I'll try to post such critical news ahead of time so you can plan accordingly!


Have a happy Friday!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!