Thankful Thursday

Thursday, September 9, 2010

I have to start off with yet another apology for not publishing my promised post.  I was 99% finished with it yesterday and then, through human and computer error, lost it all.  That's right.  Every. Single. Bit.  It was 2.5-3 hours worth of work, no lie.  I can't tell you how upset I was.  Those hours are hard to come by!  So, I'm going to stop promising when it'll happen because at this point, I'm too bitter to work on it again.  Hopefully you'll see it sometime before Christmas.


On a happier note, here is what I'm thankful for this week:


1.  A new Bible Study group.  I started one this week at the church that we've been visiting for the past two months.  I miss my old group terribly, but am excited about the new friends and lessons I'm going to gain from this one.


2.  Learning interesting stuff!  Yesterday I took a photography tutoring session at Wolf Camera.  I love taking pictures, but rarely move past the automatic settings on my camera.  It was great to learn some lingo and tips for taking my interest to the next level.  Hopefully you'll notice a little improvement in the coming months!   


3.  Wardrobe changes.  As I posted on Facebook this morning:  It's time, ladies & gents.  Time for the great wardrobe switch to fall/winter clothes.  Is it too early?  Definitely.  I've lived in Atlanta my whole life & I know that we're far from Autumn yet.  I'm hoping for a "if you build it, they will come" deal.  Plus, I need a reason to use my new label maker.  Just promise not to laugh in my red, sweaty face if you see me in a turtleneck while it's still 85 degrees outside.


4.  Being over our colds.  Audrey started coming down with something last Tuesday or Wednesday, and David and I followed soon after, with full-blown yuck by Sunday.  Today is the best I've felt since then, and I'm so grateful for that.  You always take breathing for granted until you're sick!


5.  My sisters-in-law.  I love that we can call each other out of the blue even if it's been a few weeks and discuss a million and one topics in 15-20 minutes.  Being in the "mothers of little ones" trenches themselves, they always know right where I'm coming from.  I couldn't have handpicked better matches for my brothers and I'm thankful for the wonderful mothers they are to my niece and nephew.  After all those years of me being the only girl, the family is a little more even now...and definitely prettier.      


Have a great Friday, everyone!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!