Thankful Thursday

Thursday, September 2, 2010

This week I am thankful for...

1.  My mother-in-law.  Her birthday was Monday and it's a great time to express my gratitude for all that she is and all that she does for us.  She is such a great example of a godly wife and mother.  Whenever I hear friends vent to me about their mother-in-law horror stories, I just listen politely...and silently thank the Lord that He gave me such a good one!  She is an encourager, a good listener, and a prayer warrior. She always puts herself last and goes the extra mile (often literally to keep AJ!) for everyone else.  I appreciate her selflessness more than she will ever know!  Happy Birthday, Pam!

2.  Little love pats.  For the past couple of weeks, Audrey has begun to pat my arm or my back as I am rocking her to sleep and patting her back.  She's been a great hugger for several months now, but the patting while rocking is fairly new.  It's amazing to see her express love in little ways like that and it melts my heart.

3.  A day of rest.  After serious cardio workouts and/or running every day for over two weeks, I took yesterday off and it was a much needed break.  I usually take 1-2 days off a week...okay, sometimes 3....so to go 14+ straight is a big deal for me!  I'm pretty sure that my knees, my back, and my heart all breathed a sigh of relief.  It's so much easier to be out of shape, isn't it?  

4.  September.  Because it means fall is almost here!  YAY!  (Side note:  I'm tempted to start a counter for how many times I hear Green Day's "When September Ends" played on the radio this month.  If it's the same as last year, it'll be a little too often.)

5.  Your patience and understanding.  I mentioned a fun post that I was going to publish earlier this week, but it obviously didn't happen.  In the interest of full disclosure, it barely got started.  Hang with me, though,  and maybe it'll make it on here before the next TT post!

Please say a prayer for us as we're all slightly under the weather.  Nothing serious so far -  just some runny noses and sore throats.  I've got my big reunion this weekend, though, and really want all of us to be well so I can pull it off and enjoy it! 

Enjoy your holiday weekend and be safe!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!