Thankful Thursday

Thursday, January 6, 2011

1.  A good 18 month check-up for AJ.  She weighs almost 24 lbs. and is 32" tall, which are both around the 50th percentile (meaning she's average in height and weight).


I almost laughed out loud when the nurse asked if she knew and could say six words.  I replied yes, but I was thinking "per minute, or what?"  We check that off before we leave her room in the morning, lady.  Just for the fun of it, I kept a running log yesterday morning.  Before we walked downstairs for breakfast, she said: "yellow blanket", "airplane" then "see it?", "bless you, mommy", "elfant" (her humidifier has an elephant face), "Daddy?", "tange diaper", "clock", "pig" (for her piggy bank) "pajamoms on", "robe", "hands", "up pease", "downstairs", and "yes."  I really need to start having a cup of coffee before I go get her.  I am SUPER thankful for such a great talker, but sometimes it's hard to keep up!


2.  Routine, routine...glorious routine.  Of course I would love to have the holidays last longer and David stay home with us 24/7.  However, knowing that can't happen, the last days of break had me feeling anxious and ready to get back to our normal schedule.  Play dates are scheduled, errands and chores are getting done, and I'm back to exercising and a more normal diet (meaning, not counting Christmas cookies as a food group.)  


3.  Being all caught up on both blogs and with pictures.  I get antsy when I get too far behind.  Life happens quickly around here and if I don't take a minute to record it, I worry I'll forget it!


4.  All of our shows being back on from winter break.  For me, it goes hand in hand with the second item on the list.  I only watch it about once a week, but it really bugs me when Live with Regis and Kelly isn't actually live.


5.  Fish at Wal-mart.  I can't stand shopping there, but every once in awhile it's a necessary evil.  Being able to bribe Audrey with a visit to check them out and then watching her excitement as she studies all of the tanks is definitely the best part of the trip.


At the risk of coming close to one of those annoying "unspoken" prayer requests, please say a prayer for someone close to me that's going to be having a major medical test tomorrow.  I want to protect their privacy, but I know prayer works, so please lift them up on my behalf if you think about it today.


Have a great weekend!    

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!