Thankful Thursday

Thursday, February 3, 2011

1.  That the weekend is almost here!  By tomorrow, David will have worked 12 days straight without a full day off (the lucky guy knocked off a few hours early last Sunday.)  We are BOTH ready for a break!  I'm so thankful he isn't traveling, but good grief do I underestimate what a huge help he is on the weekends and how badly I/we need that recharging!


2.  Prayer.  When I stop and think about it (which I don't do nearly enough), it is absolutely, positively, crazy awesome that we can have conversations with our Lord and Savior.  I mean, is that not nuts?!  My favorite part is how we can serve others through prayer.  Over the past couple of years, I've become very careful not to throw around "I'll pray for you" unless I really mean it.  I consider it a real honor and a great responsibility when David, a family member, or a friend asks for prayer.  I love interceding on their behalf and going to God with my own needs and desires.  Now if only I were half as good at listening as I am talking...


3.  My TI-83 calculator.  It used to be David's and he gave it to me one Christmas when we were dating (and yes, I still married him.  You gotta consider that that's the equivalent of an artist giving up his favorite brush or a ball player giving up his favorite glove.)  Anyway, I love the thing.  It got me through senior year of high school, all of college, and still serves me well every time I sit down and pay the bills.  The thing has crunched budgets for our wedding, our house, our vacations, our baby, and everything in between.  Sometimes I don't like the bottom line, but it's always correct.  


4.  Organized home videos!  I spent FOUR AND HALF HOURS this week watching, naming, and saving the last six months of our home videos.  It feels great to be caught up with that.  I have the best of intentions of doing a better job staying on top of them next time.  (Heard that one before.)


5.  This week's song is "Our God" by Chris Tomlin.  Like most good Christian music, it's way overplayed, but it's still very powerful.  It's based on this beautiful passage:



"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?"  Romans 8:28-31


Kinda takes the fear out of, well, everything, huh?  It should.  


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!