Thankful Thursday

Thursday, February 17, 2011

1.  A fantastic play date with my sister-in-law and nephew.  Even if Audrey was a little leery of the giant inflatable bounce houses and mainly stuck to the big plastic firetruck, she and I both so enjoyed the time with them.  (I know because I got to hear their names at least a thousand times the rest of that afternoon!)  I love that she has cousins so near her age and I pray they all grow up to be close friends. 

2.  Lunch with sweet family.  Today Audrey and I had lunch with David's mom, great aunt, and cousin.  It was a real treat to spend time with these ladies, catch up with them, and let them gush over my baby girl.  And, as with Aunt Jenny and Carson, know that you were asked about A LOT this afternoon!

3.  Consignment sales.  'Tis the season for a couple of the major ones around us and I love them!  The hunt, the deals, the "Jesus loves you but if you invade my rack space I'll hurt you" looks.  Check out a blog post I wrote a while back on Imperfect Perfectionist for some shopping tips:
http://www.imperfectperfectionist.com/2010/08/how-to-shop-kids-consignment-sales.html

4.  Secret blog readers who crack me up by sheepishly admitting they read when I run into them somewhere.  I know you're out there and I appreciate you checking in every week!  (That's right - I'm talking about YOU PL, BC, SH, and MD.)  Thanks for your encouragement and keep reading! 

 5.  In honor of this amazing weather and as a shout out to my sweet friend AP whom I bailed on, this week's TT song pick is U2's "Beautiful Day".  Enjoy!


It's been a busy week and I'm definitely starting to come down with something.  Please pray it goes away quickly and that David and Audrey stay well.  We took our turn a few weeks ago and don't want another go-round, especially with the gorgeous weather we have right now! 

Hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud to say I read it. No sheepishness here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As well you should be, Eric. As well you should be.

    ReplyDelete