Thankful Thursday

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sorry about never getting to that Easter post!  We've had a few things going on:  David has been out of town this week, I'm working on his 30th birthday and Audrey's 2nd birthday, and...something else....hmmm...oh yeah!  Preparing for the trip to Puerto Rico that I surprised him with for his b'day!  Since he would not at all appreciate being driven to the airport and having that sprung on him, I told him the news last Saturday night.  I'm doing 30 Days of Celebration for his 30th, so his first gift was a countdown calendar.  After making him sweat it out about what it was counting down to, I handed him a bag with the Frommer's Guide to Puerto Rico in it.  He was so excited and kept saying "for real?!"  I spent nearly an hour telling him all the details about how and when I'd planned it (and assuring him most of it was paid for with travel rewards/frequent flier miles and the rest was yard sale profit.  He appreciates that yard sale much more now the he knows why I did it!)  Just the two of us and an amazing view for three blissful days - we cannot wait!


Here is what else I'm thankful for this week:


1.  Our Moms and Grandmothers for all they did/do for us.  To them, my sisters-in-law, and my Mommy friends:  Happy Mother's Day!  Please, please, please take an hour and do something special for yourself.  Even if it is just sitting quietly and staring out the window wondering if you can make it another 365 days for the opportunity to sit quietly and stare out the window.


2.  Healing for AJ.  Last Friday afternoon, she spiked a fever out of nowhere with very few other symptoms.  By that evening, she was lethargic, had no appetite, and was running a 103.2.  We debated, googled, and prayed hard.  We ultimately decided to give her Motrin and put her to bed.  She woke up fever-free the next day and, though her temperature did come and go a little through the weekend, she slowly improved and was completely fine by Monday.  When her Grandmom asked her if she was feeling better she said, "Jesus healed my boo-boo."  He absolutely did, sweet girl.  


3.  Crest White Strips.  Good to use every couple of years to erase signs of my cup-of-coffee-a-day habit.


4.  Car maintenance catch-up.  For the past few weeks I've been slowly trying to work on getting things done for my car.  Namely an oil change, a brake check-up, and emissions.  I finally crossed it all off the list and feel much better having those back-burner to-dos taken care of for awhile.  Of course, what did I notice when I came home tonight but a paper clip stuck in one of my tires.  David pulled it out, checked it, and thinks it's fine.  Guess we'll see how that turns out.    


5.  In honor of Mother's Day and the hardest job on earth, this week's song is "Somebody's Hero" by Jamie O'Neal.





We're looking forward to a relaxing weekend before another busy, hectic week begins.  Hope you have a nice one as well!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!