Thankful Thursday

Thursday, June 2, 2011

1.  A new nephew or niece coming in November!  I wanted to wait until I was sure the word was out/the end of the first trimester, but then I skipped two weeks of posting and dedicated last week's to David, so here, finally is the news:  My brother Kevin and his wife Jenny are expecting their second baby!  Carson is going to be a big brother!  YAY YAY YAY!  It's time for a new little one around here.  These kids are getting so big.  We can't wait to meet you, Baby McG!  Praying for your health and your future already.

2.  A full day of play and the freedom to do it.  On Monday (Memorial Day), we hit TWO parks and the pool and didn't get an ounce of anything productive done.  It was great to just soak up time with our sweet girl and act like kids with her all day.  I'm grateful for the men and women in the armed forces who make such simple fun possible because of the freedom we're so blessed to have.

3.  Yogli Mogli.  The rest of these frozen yogurt shops cropping up everywhere are just impostors.    

4.  The Oprah Show, the royal wedding, and 5/22 apocalypse being over so we can get on with our lives.  Okay, truthfully, I'm probably going to miss Oprah because it's near impossible to be a stay at home mom and not tune in at least once or twice a week.  She had some good stuff on there!  But I was beyond over the hype about it.  And I'm positive I can find something else to fill that 45 minutes (DVRd) anyway.

5.  In honor of school being out and the extreme heat we're already experiencing, here is a song that always signified the start of summer to me.  Oh yeah, we're going old school.  And yes, you youngins, Will Smith did have a music career before he began acting.  Enjoy!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!