Thankful Thursday

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Most of you either got my email or saw my post on FB, but for my own journaling future reference, here is a quick house update:  We have broken yet another real estate record - Our THIRD buyer didn't qualify for the loan.  She wanted to have her uncle step in as the purchaser, but instead of going with him,  as he was not pre-approved (though that clearly doesn't mean a thing), we chose to go back to a couple that had made a previous offer. They were not under contract and were definitely still interested, so we gave them our terms.  They met them and we went under contract with our FOURTH buyers at 9am this morning.

I'm sure some of you are thinking, "Take a hint! Now is clearly not the time!" and, trust me, we've wondered that ourselves a thousand times over.  What we don't understand, though, is why when one door seems to close, another seemingly better door is right beside it wide open.  Is this a lesson in endurance, patience, and faith?  Or are we thick-skulled and stubborn and trying to force something that isn't meant to be?

We are tentatively and humbly thinking it's the former, so we are moving forward this last time.  If it falls through, we will not be going back to the uncle nor will we be going back on the market.  We will unpack our boxes and call it quits until Spring.  I'm asking you to pray that God's best and His will comes together:  That He'll either shut it down one last time or it'll go through and we'll be watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade surrounded by boxes. 



Now on to this week's list:

1)  My father-in-law, whose birthday is Saturday.  I have to share a recent story I heard about him that melted my heart:  When David and I ran the KP Corporate Challenge with several of his coworkers, I got to talking to one of them named William.  William said something about Audrey starting preschool and said that he'd recently seen her picture.  Turns out he was in a meeting with Ed and several other guys when all of a sudden Ed interrupts the meeting and says, "Oh you guys gotta check this out" while looking at something on his iPhone.  Thinking it was something business-related, they stopped to take a look.  It was a photo I'd texted our families of AJ all dressed up for her first day.  Now THAT'S a proud Granddad. :)  We love you, Ed, and are so thankful for you!

2)  Audrey playing Food Drive.  I'll fill you in on the details in my October recap, but AJ and I helped out with a food drive last weekend.  It wasn't as fun for her as I wish it could've been, because I know kids having fun while serving is really important at this age.  So it made my heart soar the other day when we sat down to play and she got out her coins and said, "Let's pretend we're using this money to buy stuff for the food drive, Mommy!"  Oh, thank you, Jesus!  She's getting it!  

3)  A Mommy's intuition.  We are going on about two solid weeks of this cold working its way through our family.  Luke was the last to get it and has really been struggling to shake it.  I made a doctor's appointment yesterday, then cancelled it, thinking he was getting better.  Last night and today, however, I just couldn't shake the feeling that he seemed fussier.  After a rough night last night where he woke up and was so inconsolable that I had to pick him up and rock him (which I never d0 when he wakes up unless he's sick), I made another appointment first thing this morning.  Turns out he has an ear and a sinus infection.  I'm thankful God gives mothers those gut instincts to know when something is up and that I listened to it.  Though not desirable for a 7 month old to be on, antibiotics should clear things up and he'll be well soon.  

4)  Pumpkin bars!  I got a delicious recipe for them from a friend last year and have already made two batches this season.  Most of the first one went to new neighbors and most of the second, well...didn't make it out the door.  :)  

5)  Time at the shooting range.  David and I finally went (if you recall, I got him this as our Christmas gift date exchange, but when we went on a weekend months ago, it was way too crowded.  It took us that long to have a weeknight date!)  It was as fun as I remember and I great stress reliever!

Have a great weekend and enjoy this amazing fall weather!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!