Thankful Thursday

Thursday, October 18, 2012


1.  Getting to be Room Mom.  Yesterday I got a call from Mrs. Lindsy, Audrey's lead teacher, asking if I could bring a pizza in for lunch and help out with their "Letter P" party.  It was last minute, but without hesitating, I agreed.  I called David and told him Luke would be left unattended beginning at 11:30 in case he wanted to come home during his lunch and watch him.  I knew I wouldn't be much help with him in tow and there was NO WAY I was going to miss the opportunity to see Audrey in class and meet all her little friends that I've heard about for 6 weeks.  It was so fun!  She is as quiet as I thought she would be, but I can tell she really likes it.  Her teachers are wonderful with them, the kids are adorable (okay, most of them), and I can't wait to go back in!

2.  Girls' Nights Out.  I probably haven't gone out with a friend by myself in nearly 9 or 10 months, but last week I did a painting party with some of my Bible Study girls and tonight I went out to dinner with a sweet friend.  I'm not sure how the stars aligned for that to happen back-to-back weeks, but I'll take it!  It was much-needed and thoroughly enjoyed!

3.  Early Christmas shopping.  Oh yeah, I've started it.  If you've known me more than five minutes, this does not come as a surprise!  I always try to get a jump on it, but I figured that if we really are going to be moving near the week of Thanksgiving (the latest, latest, latest closing date is around 11/19), I'd better have most of it done by then since I'll be a bit preoccupied after!

4.  Luke's jibber-jabbering.  He's gotten quite talkative lately and one of his favorites is "Ma-ma".  Of course he doesn't know what it means yet, but it is music to my ears.  

5.  Being sore.  Okay, I don't particularly like being sore.  But I am thankful that I have the physical ability to work out.  I did so this week with weights for the first time in...well, let's not worry about that.  The point is I did it.  And boy did it hurt the next day (and the day after that, too).  But a good hurt.  A "I-see-my-smallest-jeans-finally-within-reach" kinda hurt.  

We're pumpkin patchin' it this weekend and are so excited!  Love this time of year and love spending it doing fun things with my family!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!