Happy Belated New Year

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Well, Happy New Year, folks!  I mean, I'm only 22 days late with my wishes, but at least I made it in January!  

Oy.  I hope this isn't an indication of how well my blogging is going to go this year.  I had so hoped to do better and even - yikes - start back up my Imperfect Perfectionist site?!  I know, I know...one thing at a time.

We had a great December and Christmas and, so far, 2014 isn't kicking our tail.  Audrey and I are both fighting off little colds, but other than that and a few more ear infection worries for Luke (but no actual infections), we're doing well.  My running has slacked off considerably with these cold temperatures, but I'm still doing at least 5 miles 2-3 times a week.  A far cry from my 20-25, but it's something.  My ever-shrinking jeans beg to differ that it's enough, though.  I could just lay off my cookie habit, but I'm not willing to go that drastic just yet.  I'm anxious to get back into a regular exercise routine.  

David and I have a race coming up this weekend downtown.  I was originally going to do the 15K and he was going to do the 5K, but then I decided since it was a date weekend and the 5K started almost an hour earlier, I'd go ahead and do it with him.  Yeah, yeah.  That's it.  It has absolutely nothing to do with my inadequate training and my being totally over running in 20 degree temps.

I haven't been a slacker in all arenas, though.  We've been tackling some projects around the house that we've been putting off for quite awhile.  As in, boxes in the basement closets that David never unpacked from our move and junk that had been stuffed in our old attic since we got married.  We've been cleaning out and cleaning up.  Normally there are few things I enjoy more, but too many projects at once mean I'm not making a lot of headway with any of them.  Cleaning out 3 basement closets + painting and decorating the guest bedroom + decorating the basement + consignment sale pricing + Luke's birthday party + cleaning out the master bedroom linen closet and all our memorabilia = a whole lot of physical and mental clutter and very little progress.  But, it'll get done eventually.  Beginning February 9th, we'll be hosting a couples' small group so that is my deadline.  And then there's Luke birthday and party later in the month, which will be my "okay-for-real-deadline deadline."  

So, busy business as usual, but we wouldn't know what to do with ourselves otherwise.  

I'll save the rest of the updates for my monthly recap, which if you're lucky, may get written sometime before May.  :)  

Hope to see you back here for Thankful Thursday!



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!