Thankful Thursday

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Man, what a difference a week can make.  I am doing much better this Thursday than last.  After three painful and annoying days I reached out to a sweet, sweet friend who called me in some good antibiotics.  My UTI is cleared up, things have backed off a teensy bit for David at work, the house is clean, and a I got a few other nagging things off my to-do list:  thank you notes from L's party, blog and picture updates, a ton of returns/errands, the oil changed in my car, and yes, even sealed the shower grout.  

Add those things to this week's list, and you'll see why my frown turned upside down.

1.  A great girl's night out.  My friend Lauren and I have begun meeting once a month to eat and chat and it's been really cheap therapy for both of us.  There is 100% openness and honesty and it's very helpful in saving what's left of our sanity!  (As was the chocolate cake we indulged in during our 3.5 hour dinner last night.  I'll call that thankful item number 1a.)  

2.  A visit from the Taylors!!!  Kara and her kids came into town to see her family for a few days and we got to spend the whole morning with them today.  The time went by way too fast, but I loved every minute.  Her oldest squeezed me goodbye so tightly she made me tear up (from the love, not the pain :) ).  I am thankful they made time to come see us and am already looking forward to the next time we can get together!  

3.  A lunch date with my husband.  I had a health screening at David's office this week for insurance and then he treated me to lunch afterward.  It was cool to connect in the middle of a weekday and carried us through the monotony of the week a little bit.  

4.  Caffeine.  I don't indulge in it often, but boy have I leaned on it a ton this week with the start of Daylight Savings Time!  I think I've consumed more in the last 5 days than I have the last 3 months combined!  As I've mentioned before, I know it's just an hour, but it seriously takes me 7-10 days to fully deal.  Extremely indicative of my personality and resistance to change, I know.  

5.  Warm spring temperatures!  We had gorgeous weather at the beginning of this week and spent as much time as possible outdoors.  We all felt better with some time in the fresh air and sunshine.  Now to just resist switching out the wardrobes for a few more weeks...

So apparently all it takes to improve my mood 110% is some vitamin D, friends, my husband, and food. Oh, and the absence of infected kidneys.  :)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!