Thankful Thursday

Thursday, March 20, 2014

1.  That David is home after a short business trip to Los Angeles.  And that we survived.  I think I've mentioned it before, but our motto when he's out of town is "just keep them alive."  For the most part this trip went very smoothly.  I think that's because of the help I had from my awesome in-laws and because the kids are older and it does get easier to solo parent as they age.  Still, Luke missed him a lot.  In fact, he often wanted to cry about it around 3am.

Welcome home, babe.  Guess whose turn it is to get up with him tonight?!

2.  My running endurance.  After being up late the last couple of nights (as is my MO when D is out of town, especially if he's on the West Coast), this morning's alarm went off early and I did NOT want to heed its call to go run.  I laid in bed and thought, "C'mon.  You can do this.  It's only five miles."  And then I replayed how crazy "only five miles" sounds.  Me, who last March was struggling to do a mile around our flat neighborhood lake path.  I don't know how much longer I can keep up the routine of these distances, but for now, I am very grateful for the health and stamina to do it.  It wasn't always that way...nor will it stay the case forever.  One day five miles is going to sound exactly like what it is - a really stinkin' long way to run - and I'll roll my eyes at just how obnoxious people sound who say otherwise.  :)

3.  Preschool teachers.  I'm sure they've made the list before...and semi-recently if I recall, but this week is Teacher Appreciation Week at AJ's school, so they're on my mind again.  That, and I kept a friend's two year old for five hours today and attempted to do a few "organized" crafts/activities with three kids four and under.  Oh my stars.  Those sweet women are simply not paid enough.  Thank God for warm temps and bubbles because I was out of ideas by lunchtime.

4.  Hallmark Channel movies.  Yeah, I said it.  As I mentioned, I've been staying up late while David was gone and working on some photo album organization.  I didn't want to watch any of the shows we usually see together and there didn't seem to be a lot of options for movies On Demand, so I succumbed to the Hallmark Channel's programming.  It was cheesy, but it was squeaky clean and had a happy ending.  It may make me sound 90 years old, but I enjoyed it!

5.  Spring!  It's here, it's here!  Pop some Claritin and enjoy!

Pray for a good race for me on Sunday, please.  I have half marathon #3...possibly the last for at least a while.  I have all of the normal jitters plus the added realization that I'm way undertrained for the hills downtown.  It won't be a PR, but Lord willing, I'll cross the finish line.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!