Thankful Thursday

Thursday, May 8, 2014

We are in full end-of-school-year swing (Field Day, Mother's Day, Pre-K graduation, presents for teachers, etc.) over here and also gearing up for an extremely anticipated early anniversary trip.  I keep thinking I'll wrap up (read: start) my April recap and the days just keep ticking by.  In the meantime, I'll pause to write out my first TT post in almost a month.  

1.  MOMS.  Mine, my mother-in-law, my stepmother, our grandmothers, sisters-in-law, aunts, mom friends, etc.  Not only would we not be here without them, but we simply couldn't survive without their care, prayers, support, and sacrifices.  As a recent friend told me when I confessed I felt guilty about my freak-out over AJ's eyes:  "BE overdramatic.  That's what makes us good moms...we care so dang much!"  To all the moms in my life who care so much - thank you from the bottom of my heart and Happy Mother's Day.

2.  85 degree weather.  Sure, it's not 75 degree weather, but you know what?  It's not 95 degree weather either.  I'll take it. 

3.  Finding a decent one piece bathing suit.  In an effort to become a better swimmer and be able to actually use it as an aerobic exercise effectively, I'm taking a few swim lessons this summer (No, really.) I needed a bathing suit to match my goals and, at the recommendation of my go-to guru Kara who has been coaching for 15+ years, I found one.  And I don't loathe it.  The swim cap she recommended on the other hand...well, we'll see.

4.  Fun dates.  David and I went out last Saturday morning and rode bikes (which, by the way, is not like riding a bike.  It takes time to get the hang of it again!)  We had so much fun doing something out of our ordinary together.  Afterward, we ate lunch on a restaurant patio that was completely empty except for us.  It was fantastic!  Of course you love your spouse, but as someone very wise told me recently, remembering that you like them is really vital to a good relationship, too.  Have I mentioned that WE CANNOT WAIT FOR OUR ANNIVERSARY TRIP?!

5.  A great semester of small group.  This past Sunday we had our last meeting and celebrated a wonderful 14 weeks with a cookout.  It was a huge step of faith for David and I to lead a group of strangers in our home, but a dream come true to be able to use what God has given us and taught us to serve others.  It'll be a nice break to have some time off from reading, lesson plans, and frantic last minute cleaning, but I have a feeling we'll be back in some capacity before too long.  :)

Have a wonderful weekend and call yo Mamas!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!