Sept/Oct 2014 Recap

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Hello dear readers.  Let's go ahead and get the elephant out of the room: it's been a while.  I knew I wouldn't have time to blog as much as I liked once I started working.  Though I don't work many hours, the hours taken up by working are the hours I used to spend doing things like blogging, remembering people's birthdays, and returning library books on time.  (Oh my stars, they should name a wing of that place after me.  Or at least put a plaque by a tree outside.  Something for my financial contributions.  And yes, I KNOW I can renew online or by phone.  My brain doesn't seem to remember that fact when it matters.)

Anyway, let's jump in so maybe I can get Sept/Oct Recap finished and then post November's separately  (Quit laughing.  It's possible.)  It's gonna be fast, furious, and bullet-pointed, so hold on to your seats:

September:

  • The four of us sent summer out in style and went to the Lake Lanier Islands Waterpark one Saturday.  I have zero pictures, but it was a great morning and the kids had a blast.  
  • David and I did the KP Corporate Challenge 5K in downtown Atlanta with his company.  It was crazy crowded and, though we've done it for 5-6 years, this year may have been our last.  Too many people, too expensive, and too hot.
  • We began co-leading a married couples' small group.  We meet every Sunday, but trade off who leads/hosts with another couple in our neighborhood.  
  • We went to Suwanee Days Parade and Festival.  The kids liked getting their faces painted by the high school art club and watching one of the local dance studios perform on stage.  
  • We went to a little friend's birthday party at Catch Air, had several play dates, and went to our first Spirit Night.  
  • David traveled.  A lot.
  • It seemed like all at once, Luke hit several "secondary milestones".  You know the kind of things I'm talking about - stuff you don't really notice changed at first, but when you do, you get really sad (especially if it's your last baby.)  Things like no more highchairs in restaurants, sitting on his own during a haircut, and starting to pronounce words correctly that he'd always previously gotten wrong (i.e "aldigator" is now "alligator", "lellow" is now "yellow".)
  • I started considering training for another half and tried to run accordingly.  It was a pretty pitiful plan, but I squeezed in as much as I could.  
  • We had Audrey's eye appointment and ortho appointment, which you can read about here.
  • We tried potty training and quit after a week, which you can read more about here.

October:

  • I took a girls' trip to Charleston, SC with my friend Kara, who you may remembered moved to SC in 2013.  It was the first girls' trip I've taken since my senior year of high school and it was fabulous.  We ran a 10K (I set a PR), got pedicures, shopped the local artisan's market, ate delicious food, and talked and laughed nonstop.  FUN and MUCH NEEDED. 
  • Work finally began to click for me and my efficiency picked way up.  You can tell because I published double the blog posts that I did in September (only going from 2 to 4, but still...)
  • David traveled some more.
  • We got some great time in with all of the grandparents.  My mom came out for a visit, my dad and stepmom came over for dinner, and we went to see my father-in-law's airplane for the first time and have lunch with him and my mother-in-law for his birthday.  It makes me smile to look through pictures of October and see time spent with all three sets.  I wish it was like that every month!
  • We had our two-story family room painted.
  • Audrey had a follow-up eye appointment and the doctor was impressed with her improvement.  She told us to continue to patch for two hours a day for another six weeks.
  • No news on AJ's legs.  We aren't the best at stretching, but we're trying.
  • We took our annual trek up to Jaemor Farms to do the pumpkin patch, corn maze, and "hayride" one Saturday.  Other than being more crowded than I remember, Audrey pulling off a major pouting session because she didn't want to do the apple cannons (or even be near them, because they are TOO LOUD, MOMMY!), Luke whining to be held all through the corn maze, and David griping about me taking pictures, it was nice.  Surely one of those days we'll look back on and romanticize about how perfect it was.  
  • Volunteering at Audrey's school and Small Group continued as usual.
  • We had a Small Group picnic one beautiful Saturday.
  • I kept training for my half and my knee started bugging me.
  • David and I had TWO dates.  On one we went hiking around the Chattahoochee River then picked out plants for the front yard at Pike's and went to dinner.  The other we strolled around Walmart trying to get Christmas gift ideas for the kids and then ate dinner at a local seafood restaurant.  
  • The kids had a great Halloween.  Audrey was a cowgirl and Luke was a cowboy.  We ate our traditional Mummy Dog dinner and set out for trick-or-treating a little after 6, before it even got dark (we learned last year that that's how this neighborhood rolls.)  We made it about an hour and fifteen minutes before it began to sprinkle and the kids were ready to pack it in.  We came home and gave out candy for about twenty minutes while they ate a few select pieces from their stash.  These ages are just a blast for holidays and I am trying to soak every bit of it up while they're old enough to get it and young enough to want us heavily involved in all aspects.  

So there you go.  September and October.  That didn't take to long to do...I wish I would've cranked it out sooner!

The pictures are in the gallery (which may look different now due to Google changes): 



Hope you'll come back soon for November! :) (And I hope I won't disappoint!)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!