February 2016 Recap

Thursday, March 3, 2016

The month of February can almost always be summed up in just a few words: consignment sale and Luke's birthday party...but where would the fun be in reading that?!  Here's a few more words in a different and funky format to sum up the month:

Dentist - all of us had dentist appointments at some point this month.  The good news is that no one had any cavities.  The crappy news is that we found out Audrey does not have her two lower permanent teeth.  (It's hereditary...David still has some of his baby teeth, but they are in the back and not noticeable.)  Because of where hers are, however, she will likely need costly and invasive implants once all of her permanent teeth come in.  In all honesty, though, when stuff like this crops up that would cause most parents a lot of stress, I immediately think "No problem.  We are handling Celiac Disease LIKE A BOSS.  This is nothing."  I do hate it for her, but we will simply deal with it when and how we have to.

Valentine's Day - the kids made valentines for their classmates and I was in charge of class snacks for both of their classes.  They each brought home an adorable bag of cards and goodies and enjoyed little gifts from David and I as well.  Together with their other small group buddies, they also made valentines that I delivered to a nearby nursing home.  

Dates - David and I had a date at Top Golf and a fancy night out on the town for Valentine's Day that included the kids sleeping over at the grandparents'.  AJ and David had a Daddy-Daughter Date Night at Chick-fil-A and Luke and David had a Doughnuts with Dad Date at his preschool.  It was a month of love, for sure.  :)

Home Improvement Quotes - We are having our deck extended out to the end of the house and some landscape work done to fill in the areas where we had large trees removed last month.  Between these two projects and the possibility of pouring a new concrete pad underneath, I have dealt with eleven different people coming out in the last 3-4 weeks to give me quotes.  It's been a lot to juggle, but at least I'm confident we're making the right choice with what we're doing and who we pick to do it!

Goldilocks - We took the kids to see Goldilocks the Musical at a local children's theater and they loved it!  We had such a good time watching them enjoy it up close.  The cast did a great job of making the story fun and engaging for the kids.  It's so fun to do stuff like that with them these days.  

Other than all that and Luke's Birthday/party that I wrote about in this post, that's pretty much been the month.  

Small group has been going well as has volunteering at AJ's school.  My resolutions are also still going pretty well.  I didn't do much more cleaning out this month, but the only thing that was really left on my list for this quarter is the master bedroom.  I'm holding off until I do a wardrobe swap and then everyone's closets and drawers will get another once-over.  We did our service project of making valentines, which the kids really enjoyed.  As for the social stuff, my dinner with a girlfriend fell through at the last minute, but we did all go to a dinner for our church's campus leaders which was a great chance to meet and connect with new people.  We've also been doing great with scheduling dates for ourselves.  I need to up my game on getting together with my family outside of kids' birthday parties and blogging.  It's always good to have something to strive for, right?!

Hope your March is off to a good start!  Until next time...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!