Things I'm Loving Lately

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

I'm going to be honest, I don't know if this will be both my first and last post of this type or whether this is the start of a new trend.  I hope it's the latter, but experience tells me it may be the former.  But let's not borrow trouble from tomorrow...


Here are three things I'm loving these days:  

1.  Halo ice cream.  Oh my.  Have you tried this?!  It's a low-cal, high protein, low-sugar ice cream and it's delicious.  I have tasted about four or five of the flavors (peanut butter cup and chocolate almond being my favs so far) and have been very impressed.  Does it taste like Ben and Jerry's?  No.  But do I love that if I wanted to, I could drown my sorrows in an entire pint and not have to run 15 miles to burn it off?  Uh, yes.  (Not that I have done that...yet.)



2.  The movie La La Land.  David and I went to see it on New Year's Day and y'all, I am still pumped about it.  Here's what you need to know:  We are NOT musical movie lovers.  In fact, we're not big movie fans in general.  We only go about once or twice a year, so we're always skeptical when we walk in.  When they opened the first scene with a cheesy musical number, I looked at David and we both whispered, "It's fine.  We'll stay.  It's gonna be fine." And it was.  More than fine, in fact.  It was a clean, vintage-Hollywood throw back with excellent acting and beautiful music (I've been listening to the soundtrack nonstop!)  It was magical and filling in a way that I didn't even know I needed.  As I heard a podcaster put it: "It felt like the opposite of 2016 to me.  It was chin up, American cinema." I don't know that the magic will translate to DVD, so if you get the chance, go see it on the big screen.  



3.  Lara Casey's Power Sheets.  I know, I know.  I already gushed ad nauseam about them in my resolutions post.  And then I had the nerve to tell you they were sold out!  BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE.  This morning the shop announced that they are accepting pre-orders for the 6 month sheets that will ship in May and be good for June - December.  And there are tons of online resources on her site and blog that will tide you over until then! Don't miss this chance to set and meet some great goals this year.  You can place your order here.  And as a reminder, power sheets is a goal-setting tool with guided processes and monthly "tending lists", but it is not a traditional planner with calendars.  (I promise I am not a paid spokesperson, though I should be!) 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!