Valentine's Day 2017

Thursday, February 16, 2017

I'm still here.  I still have no voice.  But I'm still here!  

On Monday I had Luke's preschool class party.  It was a pretty laid back and not at all fancy, but the kids enjoyed it.  We did three crafts and two games: a love bug bookmark, a tissue paper heart wreath, a birdseed heart, conversation hearts matching game, and heart hopscotch.  The kids were so sweet as they listened intently to my whispers and would often whisper back.  It reminded me of the early days of my laryngitis when Luke and Audrey would do the same. (As opposed to now when they really are so over it that they have taken to pretty much ignoring me completely.)  Another mom brought in cupcakes since it was her daughter's birthday and the class was sufficiently sugared up by carpool.  

Valentine's Day dawned Tuesday morning and I made heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast. I took some pictures of the kids in their Valentine's Day raglan shirts I'd made with my Cricut and then we drove AJ to school loaded down with her cards and her box.  Luke and I spent the morning running errands, which wasn't too exciting for him, but I tried to make the most of it with books and snacks.  When Audrey got home I let them dump out all of their cards and go through their goodies to pick a treat.  (Gone are the days of only cards, ya know.)  The weather was so nice that we went outside to play until it was time for dinner.  

David got home and we ate heart-shaped quesadillas with rice.  (Oh, if only every holiday was as easy as spending two seconds with a pizza or cookie cutter.)  We let the kids open little gifts from us afterward.  They each got some books and Hershey Kisses and Luke got a mini Lego set and Audrey got a "Charm U" starter bracelet pack.  They were ecstatic. Quite possibly more so than over their Christmas gifts.  Okay, maybe not, but they were really pumped.  Let that be a lesson to all of us:  keeping low to zero expectations = a lot of room to have them met!

So that was our day.  Nothing special, but I'm so thankful I got to spend it with my favorite valentines.  David and I are going out on a date this weekend, so I guess we'll count that as our celebration.  He's still afraid to kiss me right now and I can't say I blame him.  Hope you enjoyed your day with your loves!

Luke making a "Love Bug Bookmark" at his class party

Heart-shaped pancakes on Valentine's Day

Dressed up for the occasion

Audrey with her Valentine box

Luke hanging his heart bird feeder

Opening their little gifts from us

So excited to get a "Charm U" bracelet!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!