Thankful Thursday

Thursday, September 24, 2009

This Thursday I am thankful for...

1. The fact that we are okay after all of the flooding metro Atlanta experienced this week. There are a lot of families that lost their homes, their possessions, and even a few who lost loved ones. We had a few road closures near us, but we stayed safe and dry. Thank you, God!

2. Audrey rolling over. She went from her belly to her back for the first time two weeks ago, while I had the video camera pointed at her (how great was that timing?!) Since then, she has done it a couple of times a week. I'm not sure she "means to" yet, but we're proud of her nonetheless and thankful for this new milestone.

3. My Ladies' Bible Study group. I know I listed this two weeks ago, but I'm just that thankful for it. It has been SO long since I've sat around a table with other women and gotten into God's word. There is a wonderful age mix, too, which I love. There are women who are right where I am (four of us just had our first baby), a little ahead (several have toddlers and multiple kids), a lot ahead (a few have school age kids), and way ahead (a couple have adult children). It's such a blessing to be with a room full of moms who GET it. I knew I would fit right in when our teacher said "Don't worry if you don't get to any of the homework. I know some of you are probably thinking 'I do nothing but nurse ALL DAY LONG.'" Yeah. They get it.

4. My family accepting me for who I am. And David's family for the same reason. I emailed them this week about Christmas plans and not one person got in the car, drove to my house, grabbed me by the shoulders, and shook me silly for bringing up a holiday that is still three months out. No. They realize that I need to organize. I need to know. I need extra time to get things done this year. They may have rolled their eyes, but in the end they indulged me and now we have a plan. Awesome.

5. www.stuffchristianslike.net A friend introduced me to this website last week and it's hilarious. It's a knock-off of www.stuffwhitepeoplelike.com and, in my opinion, is much funnier (and cleaner). Just fair warning that it's not for everyone, though. It requires a love of sarcasm and a sense of humor about some of our admittedly strange habits/likes/quirks. It's got some great messages woven in with the humor. I've started from the very first post, so I can't speak for his latest works yet, but so far, he's making me LOL all over the place.

Last but not least: PICTURES ARE UP! PICTURES ARE UP! Check out her "Third Month" and her "Fourth Month" albums for the latest and greatest. I know - way to bury the lead, right?! Enjoy!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!