Thankful Thursday

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ah, Valentine's Day. Some think it's a Hallmark holiday invented to make money, but I see it as a bright spot in the dreary winter that reminds us to express our love to those most special to us. Of course we should do this everyday, but a $3 card and a nice dinner out are certainly appreciated, too.

In honor of the holiday, I decided to theme my list accordingly this week:

1. Chocolate. I'm not a huge fan of white, but milk and dark are scrumptious. They make almost anything taste better. Trust me, I've tried. My favorite combos include M&M's with popcorn, chocolate covered pretzels, and s'mores.

2. Valentines! I still send a few each year and it brings back fun memories of elementary school. I loved decorating shoe boxes to hold Barbie or GI Joe messages of friendship and puppy love with cough-syrup-tasting lollipops attached. I mean really, does anything say "You're Rad" better than a card with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on it? I can't wait to help Audrey pick out and make hers one day!

3. Chick Flicks. For some reason, this time of year makes me want to curl up and watch Meg Ryan or Julia Roberts movies. Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail, Runaway Bride, When Harry Met Sally... somebody pass me the popcorn and M&Ms!

4. Love songs and slow dances.

5. Of course, my #1 Valentine, David. And our mini-valentine, Audrey. These two have taught me more about loving and being loved than I ever thought possible.

Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you have a great one with your sweetheart!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!