Thankful Thursday

Thursday, February 25, 2010

What a wonderful week it's been! David took last Thursday and Friday off, which was incredibly well-deserved, so we got four days straight together. I don't remember the last time we had that many precious hours in a row. Even most of Christmas break was spent going one place or another and then he put in major time the week after when he'd planned on taking off. We soaked every second up and even got away for a long date on Saturday. We went to brunch at Cracker Barrel and then saw Blind Side (yes, we might be the last people on earth to have seen it.) We calculated that it was our first time in a theater in almost a year. We've never been huge movie-goers, so when date time comes around, we usually spend it doing other things...like chewing food or having an uninterrupted conversation.

So, it was a fantastic four days. Then Monday morning came and reality set back in. I must say, though, this week has gone by very quickly. Between party planning and shopping, grocery shopping and cooking, Bible study doing and attending, and a wonderful visit from a sweet friend, it's hard to believe it's Thursday! And, as such, here is this week's list:

1. Women who take the scripture in Titus 2 to heart, which says:

"Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior...teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored." Titus 2:3-5 NASB

I have had several older (NOT old!) women in my life over the years whose examples and wisdom I am grateful for. One in particular spent a great deal of time with Audrey and I on Tuesday and I gained so much insight from her. We got to share our stories with each other and talk through some real issues and subjects. It was time well spent and I'm so thankful she chose to invest in me that way.

2. Sunshine. Even though it's crazy cold and windy, I will choose to be thankful that the sun is out!

3. Cricut Personal Expressions Electronic Cutter...and my generous husband. I didn't even know I wanted it until he started talking about building me one to solve my constant dilemma of trying to make party banners. (And yes - 1. I have no doubt he could build one and 2. It's a pretty common problem I have.) But, as he was researching it, he found one on sale for 60+% off and used a gift card he had to treat me. I'm not a scrapbooker, so I didn't see the use at first. Now, though, I'm convinced it may be the coolest thing ever. Banners, cards, gift tags, photo displays, party decor...the possibilities are endless, but I plan on wearing the thing out trying them all.

4. Trying new recipes, especially when they turn out well! I've done a few new things in the kitchen this week: Rice Krispie Treats, Swiss Chicken in white wine, and a low-cal twist on my go-to chicken salad. Just call me Julia Child. As if the woman ever made Rice Krispie Treats.

5. Spray paint. I would, and just about have, spray painted anything and everything. Brush strokes stress out my inner perfectionist, so give me a can of paint and I'm a happy girl. Or maybe it's the fumes making me giddy. Either way.

Pictures are updated in the gallery! Look for the albums titled "Snow Day" and "Audrey's Eighth Month." Enjoy!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!