Thankful Thursday

Friday, October 14, 2011

I woke up in a panic remembering that I hadn't written a TT post, so here I am.  Okay, that's not exactly true.  I woke up to go to the bathroom (as I have every night since I was pregnant with Audrey) and then decided I was hungry (as I am about once a week in the middle of the night) and then couldn't get back to sleep after eating my cereal (as is often a pregnancy hazard.)  SO, I decided I'd bless you with a TT post since I'm up anyway.

1.  A good night's sleep.  Not tonight's, obviously, but Sunday's.  It seems like the past three weeks have been rough in this department between having a cold, anxiety/excitement, lingering coughs from one of us, and David's traveling.  But Sunday night I got eight hours straight (minus that middle of the night pitstop) with no tossing and turning and woke up without an alarm.  It was the first good stretch I can remember in forever and it was so lovely.  Consequently, I was a very patient and productive Mommy on Monday.  Unfortunately things aren't looking good for later today.

2.  Being a part of a God-size project.  Our church, 12Stone, is having CIA (Compassion in Action) this Saturday.  There will be 2,400 volunteers working on 90 different projects ranging from prison ministry to sewing blankets for shelters to construction/painting in single moms' homes.  My women's small group is doing a fall festival and clothing giveaway for families in transitional housing that I'm really excited about.  Hopefully I'll have the time to post more about it later, but please pray for the people we're serving.  Also, please pray that volunteers (myself included) are moved to continue their service beyond just tomorrow.  "Sometimes the only way people know they matter to God is if they matter to you."  - Pastor Kevin Myers

3.  My father-in-law, Ed, whose birthday was yesterday.  He's one of the nicest, hardest-working, and smartest men I know and I'm very grateful to be a part of his family.  One of the coolest things has been for David and I to see him shine in a grandfather role.  He's so wrapped, it's pathetic. ;)  Can't wait to see how he handles two.  We love you, Ed!

4.  Rainy days.  I'm sure I've mentioned this several times before, but I love rainy days.  I would prefer it rain at least 40% - 50% of the time.  Maybe slightly less now that I have a toddler who needs to get out and let some energy loose, but I do love them.  We have had our fair share this week and boy have we needed it!  Cozy, cozy, cozy.

5.  I was browsing through my iTunes trying to find a song to post for this week and was noticing the "number of plays" column.  One line stood out to me because it had 17.  Then I realized it was "Red Means Stop", which is one of Audrey's favorite songs that we like to turn on and dance to.  I couldn't pass up the opportunity to share it with you:



Going to try to head back to bed and catch a few more z's before the next 48 hours of busy craziness begin.  Have a great Friday and weekend, everyone!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!