Thankful Thursday with a BONUS update!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

I've been meaning to get on here and write about the fantastic time we had last weekend, but never got around to it.  Humor me while I give you a quick update before this week's TT list:


I headed into the weekend feeling a little overwhelmed with our to-do list.  I want to get as much baby preparation done as possible before the holidays because I know how chaotic that time of year can be and I figure I won't feel much like it come January.  So that basically leaves the next seven weeks to check off some big items, and of course David is traveling like crazy right now.  But, the good news is that with with our powers combined, he and I are quite the accomplishing force.  We began the weekend with zero clue on what we wanted nursery-wise and ended it having ordered furniture and purchased bedding. (More details to come.)  We also narrowed down our name list to two choices though there's no way I'm telling until we're certain.  Just be thankful we're going to announce it before he's born this time.  Quite a productive weekend, huh?  AND, on top of all of that, he and I had an awesome date night on Friday night.  We took a long walk, visited a local restaurant we'd never been to before, and then came home and had a fire in our fire pit.  We snuggled close and roasted marshmallows for s'mores.  It was nauseatingly romantic.  :)


SO, I'm most definitely thankful for last weekend.  And you would think such an awesome time would have carried me through his next business trip this week.  I gotta confess, though, that it didn't.  I'm not sure why, but it's been a really tough few days!  Being pregnant, having a toddler, and dealing with back-to-back single mommy weeks took its toll.  Especially when I was going to bed on west coast time (he was in CA) but getting up on east coast time.  I finally broke down on the phone with him last night.  It was really late and I can't remember all of what was said, but the gist of it was mommy guilt and exhaustion.  I remember sobbing something about not having given her a green vegetable in five days and losing my temper over potty training to which he calmly replied, "You're doing the best you can.  You just gotta keep her alive."  This is pretty much our motto when he's traveling, and it was good of him to remind me.


SO, God brought us through, David just got home, and he'll be here all next week.  Of course, he does have customers in so there may be some late nights.  Just pray I don't snap and show up at one of his customer dinners to drop AJ off.  


Here is the list of things I'm thankful for this week:


1.  A two year old's version of hide-and-go-seek.  Audrey hides in plain view, can hardly wait until I'm finished counting to ten, and then jumps out in front of me while cracking up.  I love it.


2.  Rocky road ice cream.  And 3 more weeks before my next weight check at the doctor's office.


3.  Temperatures that make it comfortable to be in long sleeves and a t-shirt.  My favorite!  


4.  Humidifiers.  All of us have had a constant nighttime cough for almost two weeks. I finally broke out the humidifier for Audrey's room and I don't think I've heard anything from her since.  I wish I'd done that sooner.


5.  If you're a new blog reader, you may not know that the #5 item on my Thankful Thursday list is always a song.  This is because A) I'm grateful for music and B) It allows me to share my tastes with you and chronicle them for my kids, who I hope will some day read these random ramblings.  My pick this week is "Shake Heaven" by Montell Jordan.  You may remember him from his huge hit in the 90s, "This is How We Do It." He recently left his R&B career and is now the worship pastor at Victory World Church.  He released this song a few months ago.  It kept my spirit and motivation up several times this week!




2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed w/ everything you've already done for the baby! We've only got 6 weeks left and still have no name and the room is just a hodge podge, no clothes or anything:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In your defense, Cristin, y'all haven't found out what you're having with this one! It'll all come together in the next few weeks, for sure!

    ReplyDelete