Home Stretch, Baby!

Friday, December 23, 2011

Tomorrow marks the start of my third and final trimester.  Final, final, final, trimester, because as I've mentioned before, unless God surprises us, we're done.  And as soon as the little booger is a bit older, we plan on ensuring against such a surprise.  In fact, I'm trying to talk David into getting it done while I'm in the hospital so we can recover simultaneously, but he's not going for it.  (Kidding...sorta.)

Overall, this has been a great pregnancy, as my first was with Audrey.  I was sick the first trimester, but not as badly as many women. And except for some sleep issues, I have felt relatively good during the second trimester.  Still, even with such a great experience, I am not one of those women who just love being pregnant.  I struggle quite a bit with my weight during pregnancy, which in turn means I struggle mentally about my looks, lack of physical fitness, food, etc.  I love feeling life inside of me, but I don't particularly enjoy putting my body and my mind through all that pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding require.  Obviously it's worth it, though.  That's a given.

So now that we're in the home stretch, I'm finding myself more relieved than freaked out.  I feel like we'll be as prepared as we can be as far as having the house, room, and baby stuff ready.  What's left is the anxiety over things you can't do anything about.  Those nagging questions like,  "When is he going to get here?" and "Holy cow, how on earth are we ever going to manage two?" and "Will we ever be able to give them both enough attention?" or "Will we ever be able to give each other and ourselves any attention again?  EVER?"

Of course, there is a little sadness mixed in there as well.  I don't want to wish or rush these last couple of months away.  Every kick and punch reminds me of how incredible it all is.  Every time someone asks me what we're having or when I'm due, I remember it's such a special time. 

So, bring it, third trimester.  I promise to try and enjoy the blessing of it.  Just be good to me...and don't overstay your welcome.    

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!