Thankful Thursday

Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's been a little bit less hectic of a week, at least as far as what's been on my plate.  Poor David, however, has been working like a dog, including quite a bit last weekend.  I've never been a super sympathetic and merciful wife when it comes to him working on the weekend, but cross me in December when I'm also pregnant and it gets u-g-l-y.  Sacred family time, folks.   Still, in between him running up to the office to do tests for blessed customers, we managed to squeeze in a little holiday fun last Saturday.  We made a gingerbread house (which consisted of as much monitoring Audrey's candy consumption as it did actually decorating) and watched The Grinch cartoon.  Then the week began and has flown by with play dates, errands, food bag assembly, final playroom touches (maybe I'll post pics of the redo some day), dinner with friends, a little nursery decorating (again, pics to come at some point), appointments, some "final, final" shopping (I've been on "the last gift" for about two weeks now), etc.  


The first of our many family celebrations kick-off this weekend, so however hard to believe and ready or not, it's here!  Now if only the temps would drop and it would actually feel like Christmas.  Though I have enjoyed not having to bundle Audrey up and getting to let her play outside and at the park, I would much prefer that the month of December be cold!  But enough of my complaining.  This is a thankful post, after all. Here ya go:


1.  My Dad, whose birthday is tomorrow.  He's one of my biggest fans, my fellow business mind, my instiller of humor and music and good driving.  I am so thankful God made him my earthly father to exemplify His heavenly love.  Happy Birthday, Dad!  We love you! 


2.  The gift of laughter...especially when it comes at just the right moment.  Last night I awoke to AJ screaming and crying. I rushed to her room, expecting to find her violently ill or injured. The crying stopped immediately and her tiny voice pleaded, "Can I have a Boogie Wipe, please?" Repeat scene 5 minutes later with, "Can I have a trash can to throw it away, please?" Then, 20 minutes later with, "Can you help me hum, Mommy? I can't hum with a stuffy nose." Needless to say, it became a battle of manipulation and wills after that. At least she's humorous and polite in her dramatics.


3.  Lil' Critters gummy vitamins  Despite my previously listed item, Audrey has gotten over her cold amazingly quickly and I attribute it to prayer and those little jewels.


4.  The self-serve kiosk at the post office.  You can buy stamps and mail packages and rarely have to wait at all.  In fact, today was a record wait time for me of approximately 90 seconds.  


5.  This week's Christmas song selection is "Stille Nacht" (Silent Night) by Mannheim Steamroller.  I'm obviously trying to branch out from the usual top ten, and this is definitely a unique favorite.  Sometimes the instrumental ones like this offer a nice break to pause and reflect on Christmas without having to drown out Mariah Carey to do so. 







Please pray we sleep and stay well and that we get some family down time this  weekend to soak up the season.  Hope you do too!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!