Thankful Thursday/Teacher Appreciation Week

Thursday, March 19, 2015

This week is Teacher Appreciation Week.  Every year (all three of them thus far...two of which were not even five days long) I think "this Teacher Appreciation Week is not going to be a big deal.  We'll just keep it simple and low-key!  Do a few small things that pack a big punch!"  

Well.

I have baked multiple nights (I barely cook on multiple nights) and, in an effort to avoid more baking, ran around trying to find the perfect blueberry muffin.  I have collected money and sent nightly reminders (Don't forget a flower tomorrow!  Don't forget a homemade card tomorrow!  Don't forget to SEND ME MONEY!)  I have answered emails and phone calls, I have shopped for supplies, and I will no doubt shell out a small fortune to cover the gap before it's all said and done.  And then, the poor teacher was actually out for two days (so much for a fresh pound cake.  Sorry, sister, I ain't making it again)!  

So, basically, I've been working hard, spending too much money out of pocket, and running around trying to help people only to have some plans fall apart anyway.  My conclusion?  I have caught the teeniest glimpse of the life of a teacher this week.  

She is so worth it, of course, and I hope that even if she missed two of the days, she felt as loved and appreciated as she is.  

A brief report of other news:  GF eating/cooking is going well and Luke is still kicking tail in the potty-training department.  Keep those prayers coming!

Here is this week's list:

1.  Teachers.  Obviously.

2.  Audrey's amblyopia improvement.  She had an eye doctor appointment on Monday and, while I reallyreallyreallyREALLY wanted to get the green light to be finished with the eye patching, alas, she is not there yet.  But there is improvement!  And that is something!  12 more weeks.  We got this.

3.  Sweaty workouts.  Because I know they're good for me and a great stress reliever.

4.  Easter decorations!  Out with St. Patrick's Day stuff and in with Spring and Easter.  I made the switch yesterday and it's making me smile to see pastel and pretty things around the house.  

5.  A husband who works his butt off and whose patience is seemingly endless.  I know I've mentioned it so many times before but it is worth repeating.  When I am completely done with the kids (see: Monday morning.  And Monday night.  And maybe also last night...) he swoops in and saves all of us from eminent destruction.  He's been killing himself at work and hasn't felt well this week, but he's still managing to do a great job holding the title of Best Daddy in the World.  God bless him.  


Have a great rest of the week, y'all!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!